Size guide (oxygen s-cross)

j_robi

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 17, 2019
Hi all
I'm 6'2 and looking at a used 19" frame Oxygen scross eMTB. The person I'm hoping to buy from is 6'2 also and says he has never found it too small. I'd like to view it tomorrow, but don't want to waste mine or his time if it is just simply too small a frame. If the seat and bars are up on a 19" frame, might it be ok for me?

Also, it has only received road use, so hopefully components are not heavily used, what things are there to look out for spepcifically on this model/on ebikes? Never had an e bike before, got a bad knee and hoping that an e bike will mean I can join a 3 day charity ride next week

Look forward to hearing any responses

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I think you'll find the size OK. there's not really much to look out for because they're pretty well put together. like any bike, it depends how well they're looked after. The only common problem I know of is the speed sensor magnets coming unstuck in the motor. When it happens, the speed reading goes off. They're pretty easy to fix - just glue them back on with epoxy.

j_robi

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 17, 2019
Many thanks for the reply. Does anyone have experience of transferring warranty? The website states:
This warranty is transferable providing the Oxygen Bicycle will be re-registered to the new owner. In order to obtain this service, the owner must deliver the Oxygen bicycle to the authorized Oxygen dealer who sold the bicycle, together with proof of purchase and ownership. The bicycle will have to be checked and serviced by an authorized Oxygen dealer at the cost of the new owner.

This just is not practical living in sw wales. Any experience with this?