Slime works

jdallan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
Just for info....
5 miles from home and 20 miles into my ride last night I managed to run over 2 hawthorn hedge trimmings, complete with spikes, in my front tyre (Marathon Mondial). I stopped, thinking it was just a twig stuck in the mudguard, but no such luck. I could hear the air hissing out as soon as I stopped, however once I had pulled out the thorns and revolved the wheel the hissing stopped and I was able to complete the ride home with the tyre still quite hard. New tube complete with Slime now installed after a third thorn removed from the tyre.

Jim

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
I have used slime and I had nothing but problems with it so I have moved on using Fenwicks Tyre sealant and it seems to be doing the trick I have rode over 3000 miles with it and never had a problem with it so it must be doing something right

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

SteveRuss

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2015
Bristol, Uk
Maybe I'm just lucky but I haven't had a puncture in either my 100% human powered Boardman (new owner now) or my Kalkhoff, both with Schwalbe marathon tyres, for over five years now. I've got one of those 'repair in a pressured tin' jobbies from Lidl just in case.

Advertisers