Slipstreaming

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you are way to far away for that and you need a bigger front sprocket

D

Deleted member 18370

I slip streamed lorries from Cardiff to Brighton on a lowly CZ250 30 years ago. Dangerous, but my fastest ever run.

JimRides

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2016
Liverpool
On a day trip to That London some years ago I saw a guy who was a dead ringer for Mr Motivator, right down to the skintight lycra outfit, following in the wake of a bus at impressive speed... on rollerblades. None of the locals batted an eyelid.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
There is the classic video of the Brazilian (?) guys on YouTube at 110 km/h and a lycra in the comments crying scandal because one isn't wearing a helmet :) The guy bunny hopping the markers on the road has to be seen to be believed!

I used to have a Fiat 126 so I know all about fuel economy on the motorway:D The worst thing is following a truck when the driver has a cold, all those kleenex stuck to the windscreen wipers :eek:

nemesis

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2011
I suppose I should have added this to how fast does your bike go, but does anyone remember slipstreaming the local bussed on your bike as a teenager?

I was trying for 40 but legs wouldn't have it..
Is it derestricted because if it isn`t that is good going and you would be better off on a realy lightweight road racer with no motor.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Is it derestricted because if it isn`t that is good going and you would be better off on a realy lightweight road racer with no motor.
This bike is restricted although the yamaha restriction is much better than the bosch..
Have tried the lightweight racer on which I could roll quite fast.. until the first Hill.. it was the compact double I couldn't get on with.. so bought a carbon triple which helped a lot but still killed me on the hills.
Then I got an email ftom Ilkley cycles showing me exactly what I have always wanted and should have bought in the first place..
Bear on mind it's on a slight downhill gradient and I don't hold that speed for much longer than the video shows when it drops back down to about 18 to 20

nemesis

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2011
This bike is restricted although the yamaha restriction is much better than the bosch..
Have tried the lightweight racer on which I could roll quite fast.. until the first Hill.. it was the compact double I couldn't get on with.. so bought a carbon triple which helped a lot but still killed me on the hills.
Then I got an email ftom Ilkley cycles showing me exactly what I have always wanted and should have bought in the first place..
Bear on mind it's on a slight downhill gradient and I don't hold that speed for much longer than the video shows when it drops back down to about 18 to 20
I know what you are saying about the hills it feels like your legs are not working on a normal bike.
TREK have brought out the Emonda road bike that weighs 10.25 lb...that would help if i had a spare 10k in cash.

• :D
Reactions: Gubbins