Slow oncoming cyclists

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008
Spotted on the IoW. No punctuation, so expect some very slow cyclists coming contra-flow :):) Obviously not e-bikers or Lycra clad image.jpg

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008
You've started me thinking of other ways to read the sign....

Perhaps it could also be a warning that there are likely to some 'none to bright' (slow) cyclists ahead that may explain why they are 'oncoming':)

john h

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 22, 2012
murthly castle estate
A t least you can see this one (not the warning triangle above it) like many signs iv seen ( or not seen ) untill your on top of it, due to over hanging branches:confused:

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
Talking of road signs, I saw an interesting one today. It was a large temporary sign at some roadworks. In white letters on a red background, it read

CAT`S EYES REMOVED.

I was tempted to take a marker pen, and write underneath, "From £25 +VAT."

Personally, I can`t see the advantage of a blind cat. I was also reminded of a story about a silly notice from the 1960s. I met a guy who lived in a terraced house in Peterborough. His back garden backed onto the railway shunting yard. He somehow discovered that if he stood a row of tin cans on his garden wall, bored shunter drivers would throw lumps of coal to knock them down. As a result, he got some free coal.
The rows of cans were superceded by pyramids and other more elaborate structures.

Then his neighbour joined in, with a target mounted on pivots like the old pub sign. This went on for a while. Finally he made another swinging sign which bore the words

WARNING. IT IS AGAINST THE LAW TO THROW COAL AT THIS NOTICE,

Last edited:

Advertisers