Smart charger available in the UK?

Twelvebears

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 20, 2016
Hertfordshire
Hi all

I may be being stupid but I can’t seem to find any decent chargers which are available in the UK.

I want to replace the cheap charger that came with my 48v 11.6ah battery for one which can charge to just 85-90% like the US Luna chargers

Am I just looking in the wrong place? I don’t want to have to spend $45 on shipping if I can help it.

Any advice or source of good chargers in the UK would be appreciated.

Deus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2014
Dewsbury
just use a cheap Wilko Mechanical Segment Timer to turn off when your battery is up top 90% (that is if you have a way of measuring how much charge your up to) a smart BMs via bluetooth or display ?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yes ideally if you only want to charge to 4.1v per cell with a li-on battery then the battery needs a smart bms wired up, you can then set the charge/balance and discharge to suit.
Good cells should relatively stay in balance if cell current share is perfect with a regular cell pattern as in an oblong pack but with most batteries it isn't (because of irregular cell groups and unequal series interconnectors cell groups may differ on discharge leading to unbalanced cell groups) cells will become unbalanced when undercharged, otherwise to be sure you will probably need to fully balance charge every 6- 10 battery cycles.

Last edited:

Advertisers