Smashed bosch display

steven2002

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 10, 2013
Hi again folks.at the weekend I managed to smash the display on my cube bike.where would be the best place to buy a replacement and would it be easily fitted or would it really need to go to a local shop? It is a Bosch on a cube so it has the plastic covers covering the motor.
Thanks.
It is 30608

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

you have to remove the left side cover unplug the old one and just fit the new one. tho some bikes may need to drop the motor to get the plug end over the motor.

steven2002

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 10, 2013
Excellent I will grab a crank puller later and get the cover off.
Is there any problems with software or should it be fit and forget. This bike has the emtb mode which I want to keep.
Thanks again.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it is just a display all the settings are kept in the motor so fit and forget i fitted mine myself with no problems.

Doomanic

Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2017
uk
If the cable is routed through the frame you'll find it easier to do if you cut the old display wire off and gaffer tape the new display wire to it and carefully use it to pull the new cable through the frame.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
If the cable is routed through the frame you'll find it easier to do if you cut the old display wire off and gaffer tape the new display wire to it and carefully use it to pull the new cable through the frame.
I always tie a piece of string to cables that need pulling through frames like this .

D

Deleted member 25121

If you need to pull new wires through the frame it would be safest to solder the new and old wires together, put some insulating tape around the joint to stop it snagging, and pull out the old wires.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
If you need to pull new wires through the frame it would be safest to solder the new and old wires together, put some insulating tape around the joint to stop it snagging, and pull out the old wires.
I have to ask how you propose to solder factory made looms together with factory fitted plugs as the displays dont come with bare wires
I know we obviously have our differences but im curious as to your thinking .

• Agree
Reactions: Artstu

Related Articles

Advertisers