Snatchy BBS02 500

cycling weakly

Pedelecer
Oct 4, 2015
I have just built a BBS02b into a hardtail Kona. The motor is exactly as it left the factory, with 3 power levels. The motor pulls well enough but the take up is very abrupt, both from a standstill & after stopping pedalling. I previously had a GSM motor which was much smoother but less powerful. Is this normal & if so can it be smoothed out by reprogramming the motor?

Steve

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I have just built a BBS02b into a hardtail Kona. The motor is exactly as it left the factory, with 3 power levels. The motor pulls well enough but the take up is very abrupt, both from a standstill & after stopping pedalling. I previously had a GSM motor which was much smoother but less powerful. Is this normal & if so can it be smoothed out by reprogramming the motor?
Which is why I chose the GSM with external controller. At one point I was running 18 Amps - 740 Watts battery hot off the charger. Now I find 16-17 Amps is plenty.

Yes you can reprogram your BBS02 to make it smoother and have up to 9 levels depending on your LCD.

cycling weakly

Pedelecer
Oct 4, 2015
I haven't made any adjustments yet, I will set it to 9 power levels & see if that makes any difference. As it is now I don't think chains are going to last very long.
Steve

D

Deleted member 4366

It's the way it's been programmed. you can change it completely to make the take-up much softer. I can't remember what parameter it is as I haven't done one for a while. Perhaps somebody else with a better memory can chip in.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Once you get into the programming software, go to the Pedal Assist page.

From there, changing Slow Start Mode (1-8) to a lower value will result in a slower ramp up. Also changing Start Current (%) to a low value will result in a smoother take off.

Last edited:

cycling weakly

Pedelecer
Oct 4, 2015
Thanks for the advice. I would like to reprogram it but I'm a total numpty with a computer. I am based in Burnley. Is there anyone within a 50 or 60 mile radius with the equipment & experience to do the job if I brought the bike to you & crossed your palm with plastic £5 notes?
Steve

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
Thanks for the advice. I would like to reprogram it but I'm a total numpty with a computer. I am based in Burnley. Is there anyone within a 50 or 60 mile radius with the equipment & experience to do the job if I brought the bike to you & crossed your palm with plastic £5 notes? Steve
I'm in Stockport area and will do it for a beer if it's any good to you:)