Snow & Boredom

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Looking out of the window today makes me wish I had a winter bike with studded tyres. It snowed on Boxing Day and the ice and snow are still here.

The local authorities have been boasting of the amount of grit they have in stock, but like me, must have put it in a safe place never to be seen again as no roads have yet been gritted.

We have a couple of hours of just above freezing per day that just puts a nice smooth sheen on the roads, ideal for a winter bike. No good for cars though

Good job I am still recovering from some viral infection or I would be well miffed. I only need 28 miles to get my Delite to 5000 miles in just under a year. I had hoped to get more miles on it than I do in the car, perhaps next year.

I would have had I not bought the Birdy, but that bike is so great to get out to the old rail trails we have in abundance in these parts and is very nice to ride a non powered bike casually in the summer where it is relatively flat, enjoying the scenery and the like.

Would yet another bike just for the bad winter days be an extravagance? Looking out today, the sun shining, no wind just the even covering of the frozen snow, few people out it might be worth the wrath of 'She who Commands'.

Last edited:

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I have a set of new 26" Ice Spikers that are now redundant and might be up for grabs.

I have also just found a place selling bargain basement priced 650b Ice Spikers but can't now convince myself that it is worth it just for a few days of the year.

I could have done with them today though! The KTM was squirming all over the place on it's WTB Vigilante tyres, during this mornings 35 mile ride.

Last edited:

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Ono like this croxden
That would be great today, but when some road parts are free of snow I think the going would be tiresome.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I hereby grant you permission to buy an extra bike. Go for it. You will not need one in 100 years time,
I have just twigged, you are thinking about global warming.

Reactions: neptune

Advertisers