So how many of us are NOT men.

stranger

Pedelecer
Feb 7, 2009
New Forest. Hants.
Following on from a flurry of PMs with another forum member.

Are most of the forum users here male or female.

To make it easy to 'spot the difference', how about if the 'ladies' prefix their answers with the thumbs up icon from the selection below and the gentlemen with the yellow !

Those who are not sure can use the ? :)

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Following on from a flurry of PMs with another forum member.

Are most of the forum users here male or female.

To make it easy to 'spot the difference', how about if the 'ladies' prefix their answers with the thumbs up icon from the selection below and the gentlemen with the yellow !

Those who are not sure can use the ? :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

well stranger........if WE ALL used a male or female name that would solve that issue...
regards KEITH

watkin5

Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2009
Bucks
Discrimination

I object to your desire to discriminate on the basis of gender.
My wife can beat me up any hill.
Surely sexuality is more important.

Love,
Robbie

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
mice, for their size, are often more assertive and even aggressive than rats, cats, primates or humans!

a simple enhancement would be for Russ to turn on the bit you get on some vbulletin forums where there is a choice of ♂ ♀ symbols (or undisclosed) on each persons post, although its more common on forums aimed at a younger crowd.

I am male.. (the name Alex can be androgynous).

Last edited:

alsmith

Pedelecer
Feb 15, 2008
Northumberland
What difference would it make if you knew the sex of a poster anyway? Are you planning different responses depending on the sex of a poster?
It kind of vaguely brings to mind (I'm not sure why) a tv program on recently (a repeat) where the Solicitor was a lady and the reaction to her- not believing she was a solicitor because she is a she. Are you going to react like Father Ted?

(Series 1, Episode 6 GRANT UNTO HIM ETERNAL REST
It seems Father Jack has finally kicked the bucket after drinking floor cleaner. A female solicitor arrives to meet with Ted and Dougal and they manage to upset her enough to cause Father Ted to receive a black eye.)

Last edited:

essexman

Pedelecer
Dec 17, 2007
cb11
my wife tells me i'm a great big girl so i'll go for a ? :)

in truth when i tore all the muscles in my shoulder recently i did cry like a little girl until the pain killers set in.....

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
OK, OK. Sorry I spoke

--but, flecc, a LOT can change, in a year.
Nothing to be sorry for on your part, as you see from the original thread it doesn't please us to have so few female members.

We certainly have gained more female members over the last year, but a high proportion of that previous list no longer visit, so sadly we probably haven't changed much.

wotwozere

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2008
Hi

Sorry not been on for a while i ate this shift

Wow really heavy night finished work at 10pm went out for a few the beers until 3 and got to get to work for 2.

Got the kast of now and ready to ride my bike again. Thank godness.

Nelly sometimes rides my bike I will get her to come on the forum I am sure she will perk things up a bit.

thx

Bob

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
What difference would it make if you knew the sex of a poster anyway? Are you planning different responses depending on the sex of a poster?
In some cases (saddles, frame sizes and geometry etc) it does make a difference.

I'm sure our gender differences can be all discussed decently and respectfully, I don't think people are hoping to turn this into a knocking shop for as they already have plenty of other sites for for this if they so wish :D

the first e-biker I knew was a very good looking young lady (on a Powabyke shopper).

There is actually a resurgence in ladies taking up cycling and its even becoming fashionable in places like London, because of the fashion links "step through" frames and shopper bikes are more popular with many of these ladies, so there is a good market for ebikes here.

joanna

Pedelecer
Dec 2, 2008
I am female.

Well I was last time I looked.....!

Have noticed I seem to be in a minority, both here and among cyclists generally - I have never seen anyone else on an electric bike.

However we have just become the UK's smallest cycling town, and all three cycling officers are female. I did sign up for maintenace courses, but tthey were so unsure about electric I didn't end up going.

tenderbehind

Pedelecer
Oct 31, 2008
[QUOTE=joanna; I have never seen anyone else on an electric bike.

Don't want to boast but I can normally spot an e biker some way off, their legs don't move about much :D :D

stranger

Pedelecer
Feb 7, 2009
New Forest. Hants.

Don't want to boast but I can normally spot an e biker some way off, their legs don't move about much :D :D
WOT, even when going down hill? :eek:

I went to Tesco this morning, on my trusty old PB--and there were no less than three other e-bikes, sunning themselves in the bike racks. Two were Wispers and the other was a strange red and cream jobbie that I simply did not recognise. When I came out of the store one of the Wispers had gone already, but the red and cream jobbie was just being ridden away by a lady in a grey skirt. (Well--I made the assumption. There MAY be a curious cult of skirt wearing male e-bikers I suppose. ).

And a lass on the stable yard has something called an Eco-bike or somesuch. It looks really neat and modern and 'bike' like. Makes the PB look
positively QUAINT. (but I still love it dearly).