SOMEONE CALLED THE POLICE ABOUT MY EBIKE VIDEO!!!

D

Deleted member 25121

I watched it but I couldn't figure out what his point was and he was repeating himself over and over and over and over...again

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
I watched it but I couldn't figure out what his point was and he was repeating himself over and over and over and over...again
I think his point was that, armed with a little bit of incorrect ebike information, someone felt educated enough to report him for speeding to the police. The police then quoted that incorrect info to him when questioning him about alleged speeding on a youtube video. They were probably better off remaining silent and be thought of as a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It looks like he has got a high powered ebike through the SVA process legally and can use said bike at speed, a busy body has reported him likely to cause nuisance for him. Maybe the busy body is just that and has nothing better to do or may sound like he has a grudge to pay.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the police can not use you tube videos as evidence but if they see him riding that thing on the road he will be loosing it.

if you want to ride a bike on the road at 50+mph its not if its when you will get stopped.

It looks like he has got a high powered ebike through the SVA process legally

he did not complete the process as far as i can remember.

• Informative
D

Deleted member 25121

I think his point was that, armed with a little bit of incorrect ebike information, someone felt educated enough to report him for speeding to the police. The police then quoted that incorrect info to him when questioning him about alleged speeding on a youtube video. They were probably better off remaining silent and be thought of as a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
He said he wanted to get something changed but he didn't make it clear what he wanted to see changed.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I had two police officers turn up at my house about three weeks ago in relation to a bike related incident.

On the 21st September last year I was blocked from coming out of a carpark on Ashdown Forest by an off duty ranger by the name of James Clow. He proceeded to read me the riot act about mountain bikes not being allowed on the forest. I wasn't even on the forest, and hadn't been. I took what he did and said as harassment as I had already reported him previously to the HSE for breaches in Health and Safety.
I have been sending countless emails demanding both an explanation of why I was stopped, an apology for doing so, and also a formal request for a copy of the Conservators of Ashdown Policy document in respect of bullying and harassment. Four months later I am still waiting, but in their have reported for a public disorder offence.

I'm not letting this one go, and need to update the attached pdf, but it gives you an idea about things.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Informative

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
m8 its not worth it time or money wise it is your word against his at the end of the day just tell him to feek off next time and phone the police if he dont like it.

D

Deleted member 25121

I had two police officers turn up at my house about three weeks ago in relation to a bike related incident.

On the 21st September last year I was blocked from coming out of a carpark on Ashdown Forest by an off duty ranger by the name of James Clow. He proceeded to read me the riot act about mountain bikes not being allowed on the forest. I wasn't even on the forest, and hadn't been. I took what he did and said as harassment as I had already reported him previously to the HSE for breaches in Health and Safety.
I have been sending countless emails demanding both an explanation of why I was stopped, an apology for doing so, and also a formal request for a copy of the Conservators of Ashdown Policy document in respect of bullying and harassment. Four months later I am still waiting, but in their have reported for a public disorder offence.

I'm not letting this one go, and need to update the attached pdf, but it gives you an idea about things.
Hilarious, perhaps he thought you'd been riding on a forest path.

Last edited:
Reactions: EddiePJ

Advertisers