Sort of new to the electric cycle...

JohnM

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 17, 2018
I've been cycling continuously since my childhood in the 1950s! My wife has had a Koga electric bike for a few years but I've never used it on the basis I didn't need one. I've been missing out. A spell in hospital with chest problems and the need to recover carefully forced me on to the Koga and I loved it - though frankly the upright Dutch style feels weird. But it's just a loan. I'm not even sure for the short term I could manage riding my touring bike (Dawes Super Galaxy) the distances I used to, so I'm considering adding an electric motor to it. I'm fine on the flat but a help uphill would be good. I think I would probably go for the front wheel type and I will be keeping my dropped handlebar set up. If anyone wants to suggest a kit I'd be happy.

lyme

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Staffordshire
Hi John and welcome, I have Yose Power rear hub motor fitted to my bike but you could always look at what Woosh has to offer as everyone speaks very highly of him and he is very helpful on the forum. I'm a club cyclist who cycles 100/150 miles most weeks but I still enjoy riding my electric bike for a change.

Just got back from the pub, 12 mile round trip with a few hills thrown in and approx 24 mins each way and not even broken into a sweat.

Reactions: JohnM