Spacer washers!

atheo

Pedelecer
Jul 10, 2011
Beds..
Are wheel/ axle spacer washers,14mm x 12mm flats x 3-4mm thick available and is there a name for this type of washer?
TIA....Alan

D

Deleted member 4366

Normally axles are 10mm across the flats, but why do you need a washer to have flats? Perhaps it might be better to explain what you're trying to achieve.

atheo

Pedelecer
Jul 10, 2011
Beds..
Normally axles are 10mm across the flats, but why do you need a washer to have flats? Perhaps it might be better to explain what you're trying to achieve.
My apologies,I meant 10mm.The anti rotation washers,thanks for pointing out their correct name Mike,are way too slack a fit on the flats to allow tightening of the axle nuts without the washer trying to destoy itself on the shoulders of the axle flats.The reason I need them is because the freewheel cassette sits out above the shoulder therefore I cannot tighten the axle nuts without binding on the said cassette.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

I'm still not sure I'm getting what your problem is. The ant-rotation washers are the things with tabs on that stop the wheel from turning in the drop-outs. If you want to space your free-wheel, you just need a 12mm washer that can fit over the axle. A standard 12mm washer is12mm inside and 24mm outside. The 24mm is too big to go inside the free-wheel, so you need one with a 20mm outside diameter or smaller. You can get them, but every time you search for them, you get inundated with standard washers. It's probably easier to file down a standard one.

D

Deleted member 4366

What are those washers with flats for? Why not just use a washer with a round hole?

I forgot to say earlier. If your axle is 14mm like Ezee or the big DD motors, then you need 14mm washers filed down.

atheo

Pedelecer
Jul 10, 2011
Beds..
What are those washers with flats for? Why not just use a washer with a round hole?

I forgot to say earlier. If your axle is 14mm like Ezee or the big DD motors, then you need 14mm washers filed down.
I`ve got my head straight now,thanks shemozzle,its spacer washers I need in the exact situation as your link has them.