Spare battery and charger for Pendleton e-bike

kribble

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 23, 2018
Bettyhill
I've just bought a spare battery and charger for my Halfords Pendleton e-bike! I'd read that Halfords did not always stock these and that they were expensive; £250 for the battery and £45 for the charger.

So I was well chuffed to get both for under £150! I wanted to share this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=142386981048&view=all&tid=1525812670004

The battery is 11Ah rather than the original 8.8Ah fitted. Both chargers work with both batteries and the new battery works with the bike.

• Informative
Reactions: Sturmey and Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
:cool: Great first post , looks like you were lucky and happened upon an error on their part as item now not available.
Someone probably realised the listing was wrong after your purchase and have now pulled it.

D

Deleted member 4366

That's really helpful for anybody else that has a Pendleton. Thanks.

Kml

Just Joined
Jan 16, 2019
Hi Kribble .
Ref Charger and battery; Did the battery have same fitting and dimensions as the Halfords one please ? Mine is black and fits the somerby bike but they only appear to sell a silver one .

Sturmey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2018
Ireland
Hi. I bought the grey Joycube 11ah battery and charger from the supplier above last June. The battery arrived about a week later and fitted ok on the Pendleton and worked fine and did give about 25% extra range as expected. I have gone on long rides with the two batteries (changing the battery half ways) and this has given me a long range. (Dont forget the battery key) However, the extra battery weighs nearly 3 Kg and and needs a strong bag/holder for this if you are carry it as an extra battery. The battery developed a fault last September (broken balance connection) which I managed to repair. It may have been my fault that this happened as (spare) battery was rattling on back of bike rack.
Anyhow, I noticed when opening the pack that battery uses unbranded cells, although so far these seem to be good. (Halfords original battery uses samsung). Also this battery has an ordinary BMS whereas Halfords has a smart BMS, but this doesent appear to really make any pratical difference to me. The chargers are also interchangeable.
PS I see that the supplier only has the 8.8Ah at present.

Last edited:

Advertisers