redcup1999

Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2016
Bristol

anda1961

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
north yorkshire
Hi says suitable for Greenway electric bikes only, but do look very similar to the Carrera battery.
Would also like to source for future reference a spare supplier for this particular bike. I know Halfords would but I expect they will be top price.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Hi says suitable for Greenway electric bikes only, but do look very similar to the Carrera battery.
Would also like to source for future reference a spare supplier for this particular bike. I know Halfords would but I expect they will be top price.
Speak to the people in the link I've provided above. From what I've read here, they may be able to help with battery queries, replacement and resupply.

D

Deleted member 4366

The picture clearly shows only two contacts in the slots on the base, so it'll work on any bike provided that you have a matching receiver and the controller doesn't communicate with the battery's management system.

The case is probably standard, but what's inside might not be, so you need to look inside the receiver of the Crossfire to see how many wires are connected. If it's only two, you'll be OK.

redcup1999

Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2016
Bristol
The picture clearly shows only two contacts in the slots on the base, so it'll work on any bike provided that you have a matching receiver and the controller doesn't communicate with the battery's management system.

The case is probably standard, but what's inside might not be, so you need to look inside the receiver of the Crossfire to see how many wires are connected. If it's only two, you'll be OK.
Thanks for that valuable information - Crossfire-E looks like it uses all 6 slots in the base - which means this battery would not be compatible.

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Just found that Halfords are now selling the official spare battery and charger for the crossfire-e, £350 for the battery and £36 for the charger...all we need now is a 10% flash sale and pickup from store present your British Cycling membership for another 10%, that'll bring the battery down to an acceptable £270

Battery
http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/electric-bikes/suntour-battery-pack-ebba-16-ph3612dta-gy

Charger
http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/electric-bikes/suntour-battery-charger-ebbc16-ph3602b

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing