Spare Charger Oxygen S-Cross CB

DBye

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2016
Anyone have any recommendations for sourcing a spare charger for my S-Cross?
The one that came with it is a SANS SSLC084V42, rated output 42.0V - 2A, centre positive.
Oxygen will sell me one, but for £50. :(

Would there be any issues (aside from my warranty) if I used a third party one, such as:
https://tinyurl.com/komyw6m

Reactions: LeighPing
D

Deleted member 4366

You can use any 42v 2A charger that has the right connector.

Reactions: DBye

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Seems daft to me to mess around ordering from China to save about twenty quid when you could support the UK-based business which sold you the bike.

• Agree
Reactions: Danidl
D

Deleted member 4366

It was £18 compared with £50. That's a £32 saving, which would feed me for two weeks or keep me in beer for a year. Don't forget that for some people, money is hard to come by.

• Informative
Reactions: IR772

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Don't forget that for some people, money is hard to come by.
then they should have come to see me.
I will always make their money go further.

DBye

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2016
Thanks for your replies. I had thought it should be straightforward (any 42V, 2A charger with correct connector). The £50 price tag filled me with doubt that I'd must have missed something and it couldn't be so straightforward, and that little LED that turns from Green to Red most have some real significance.

Oxygen import the chargers from China. Regardless who I buy from I am supporting China. If the chargers were made in the UK I could see an argument.

DBye

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2016
Just to follow this up, purchased the charger linked above, arrived very quickly ~1 week, parcel was marked with UK address which was interesting.
The charger is smaller than the genuine Oxygen - better for lobbing in the pannier.
Seems to charge the battery fine - no problems.

• Informative
Reactions: IR772 and VictoryV

Tony gallagher

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 1, 2017
Uk
Hi dbye,
Was just wondering how long your charger took to be delivered I've ordered one from the link you have shown a week ago and am still waiting dying to get back on my bike. Thx

DBye

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2016
It took about a week for mine to come, but I don't know if that was just luck. I wasn't in a rush for it as had the OEM charger at home, I was just being cheap!

Hope yours arrives soon.

VictoryV

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 15, 2012
near Biggleswade
DBye. Just noticed your Avatar photo. That really looks just like me when a small child. I used to love sticking hairpins into the open mains sockets (no 13 amp covered sockets then) to short them out and get a blue flash (never a shock) My father never could understand why he had to keep on changing broken fuse wire.

Reactions: DBye

DBye

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2016
@VictoryV I hope, like me, you've not lost your curiosity and are still, proverbially, "sticking hairpins into open mains sockets".

I can't resist messing with things!

Reactions: VictoryV

Tony gallagher

Jul 1, 2017
Uk
Sorry dbye, can I just ask one more thing my charger has arrived and I have pluggged the battery in the correct order but I still have a green light on the charger unit and it seems nothing is happening, on the display screen the volts are not rising and the actual battery has a red light on when you press the button on top. Please help I'm worried it's not working. Thx

DBye

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2016
I'll defer to more knowledgeable members on this forum but, if you've got a multimeter check the output of the charger, should be 42V.

I've not seen a red light on the battery before.

How long has it been on charge for?

Tony gallagher

Jul 1, 2017
Uk
I put in on for about 2 hours and there was no juice whatsoever
I turn the charger on and a red light comes on the charger box for a second then a green one

DBye

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2016
The battery can be charged on and off the bike. At home I take the battery off as no power in the shed, at work I keep the bike in the office and leave the battery in place.

Did you definitely order a 42v charger?