Purchase Price: £1,429

Time Owned: 1 Month

Local Terrain: Moderate Hills

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Strengths:
Lovely smooth ride with no drag.
Quality of build. Nice size frame.
Includes rack, lights front and rear.
skirt guard. Good quality Axa defender lock.
Nice display telling kph, distance and power left.

Weaknesses:
I am not sure about the brakes as they are drum and I am having to get used to them. Not sure if they need bedding in.

Summary:
Lovely smooth ride. Gets me up all the hills that I use in Worthing Sussex. (On my normal cycle before I had trouble with my knees, I would push my bike up some of the hills).
Feels like riding a normal bike but with help in the pedelling. There is no drag.
Easy to use display and at a touch of the switch the lights are on. Whereas on my other cycles I have to stopped and get off to put lights on.

Overall Rating (out of 10) : 10

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Reviewer: Mark Finch

Purchased From: Green Cycle Company

Purchase Price: £1,400

Time Owned: 1 Month

Local Terrain: Some Minor Hills

Strengths:
A Very well built and high tec bike. Really good riding position with well hidden battery and motor. Totally water proof. Very well equipped.

Weaknesses:
There is an option of either V-brakes or drum brakes(more expensive) The only option available to my wife and I at the time were the drum brakes. Having used the bikes for a month we feel that V - brakes would work more efficiently although the bikes do stop adequately.

Summary:
My Wife and I have spent alot of money on these two Sparta's, but it has been well worth it! We took them on holiday to Italy and found them brilliant in most situations with the exception of a couple of very steep mountain roads. We like the quility, the fact that it is faily easy to peddle even without turning on the power and the technology. Coupled with the excellent personal service by the dealer we feel we made the right choice. If you can afford it , go for this outstanding road electric bike.

Overall Rating (out of 10) : 9