Specialized Creo

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
I just wondered if anyone on here was running a Specialized Creo or Levo yet? with the small 240 watt motor and 340 wh battery, they are rather expensive at the moment.

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
No personal experience but this is an interesting review of these type of motors if you haven’t seen it already.

• Informative
Reactions: Artstu

Dazmanturbo

Just Joined
Jun 2, 2020
I have been running the Creo for a couple of months now. I got the Carbon Comp (14kg and £5400) and have swapped out a few bits to bring weight down to 12.5kg. This cost me £1000 but was far cheaper than buying the Expert at £7500 or S-Works at £11k !!! It is really an awesome bike and I love it bit. The motor is so smooth and you barely feel when it disengages. Longest ride I have done is 60 miles so far, just on standard battery. I do have the extender, but rarely use it. With the bike being lighter, I do tend to run along with the motor switched off until I need it. I reckon could easily get 100 mile ride out of the battery doing this as did 30 miles on 10% the other day. One thing to watch on these is that they have a few bespoke parts. For example changing the cranks arms is very difficult and the wheel choice is very awkward due to 12x 110 boost front. Only found a few wheel to fit. Also had fun with the front bolt thru as 12x 110 does not exist according to the internet and ended up having to make one from a cut down 12 x142. Overall, I still love this bike and it is my go to machine over my other 2 bikes (non electric Roubaix and Tarmac)

• Informative

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you have the extender battery I would use it other wise you will lose it, save wearing just one battery out all the time use them both on a ride half and half if possible then they will last many many years if looked after properly.

Last edited:

Dazmanturbo

Just Joined
Jun 2, 2020
I do run the Range Extender at least once a month to keep battery in good condition. It is a weight penalty of 1 kg, hence being left off on smaller rides

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
My range extender is 91 cells / 974wh and is about 4.5kg.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I have a Bosch 36V tool battery on my desk.
I am toying with the idea of using it as my range extender...