Speed not registering

digiman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 1, 2016
salisbury
I have an EBC conversion with I think a Kunteng controller. Yesterday I suddenly realised that when I stopped pedalling and just freewheeled the speedo indication when to zero until I started pedalling again. Also, there is a dealy before the speed is registered when I start up. I don't think the odometer works when not pedalling either. I'm sure this has only just started, can anyone help please?

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I have an EBC conversion with I think a Kunteng controller. Yesterday I suddenly realised that when I stopped pedalling and just freewheeled the speedo indication when to zero until I started pedalling again. Also, there is a dealy before the speed is registered when I start up. I don't think the odometer works when not pedalling either. I'm sure this has only just started, can anyone help please?
If it's got a speed sensor and magnet on one of the wheels, check the magnet and sensor are clean and that the magnet is in close proximity to the sensor.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing
D

Deleted member 4366

These controllers will read a speed sensor. If you don't provide one, they use one of the motor hall sensors. If it's a geared motor (freewheeling) then the hall sensor is stationary when freewheeling, so speed shown will be zero.

Which motor do you have?
Does the controller have a connector for a speed sensor?
Is there the extra hub-speed sensor in the motor?
Is the motor wire 3 thick and 5 thin or 3 thick and 6 thin? Unfortunately counting the pins in a 9 pin connector doesn't help because you can't see if the 9th wire is there.

digiman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 1, 2016
salisbury
HI Guys and thanks for your replies. Actually it turned out to be one of the "hidden" settings of the controller that for some reason had changed, a glitch from somewhere!!! All is well again

Advertisers