speed pedelec without battery

sb1

Just Joined
Dec 29, 2019
hi I am wondering what the law is to ride a speed pedelec in the uk without a battery attached? would this be legal

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yes as all the power supplied is human endeavour.
But why would you want to ?
Surely a normal light pedal bike is better ?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
And illegal.

and what? laws mean nothing if no one gives a crap smoking weed is illegal so is driving while pissed so i can brake 3 laws in one go for the last 5 years :p

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Soundwave it is a good job stupidity is not illegal otherwise they would have locked you up and thrown away the key.......

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Should we be tolerating people who come on a cycle forum advocating breaking the law by drink/drug driving.

Reactions: Woosh

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Should we be tolerating people who come on a cycle forum advocating breaking the law by drink/drug driving.
It seems to be covered under terms & rules:
"Pedelecs operates a one account per person policy. You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws."
It's good to have free and open discussions but I sometimes feel things go a little too far.
Dave.

Reactions: Woosh

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
playing devils advocate here,

I’m curious as to how one motoring offence can be acceptable on this forum and regularly discussed, whereas another motoring offence is condemned.

Increasing the power/speed limit of a pedelec to create an illegal motor vehicle is still illegal whether you like it or not. most folks break some laws, especially if they don’t agree with them

I got a new spoon for Christmas :p

D

Deleted member 25121

playing devils advocate here,

I’m curious as to how one motoring offence can be acceptable on this forum and regularly discussed, whereas another motoring offence is condemned.

Increasing the power/speed limit of a pedelec to create an illegal motor vehicle is still illegal whether you like it or not. most folks break some laws, especially if they don’t agree with them

I got a new spoon for Christmas :p
Prepare for the abuse from you know who.... ;)

Advertisers