speedbox 2 install

Anthonyexmouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Exmouth
well, i may have installed my speedbox 2. im not owning up to anything, but, if i had installed one on my giant full e i have a feeling i would run out of gears and puff at about 25mph. i also believe it would put a huge smile on my face shedding that 15mph limit.

Richard Ashurst

Just Joined
Jan 8, 2018
UK
Hi just joined so i bit of a noob!!! I hope someone can help me, i have a Haibike 2016 with a performance cx motor, i have installed a speedboat 2 but the unit doesn't seem to be working can anyone please help? I don't have the walk button does this mean the tuning box won't work?
Thanks for any info that may help

Anthonyexmouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Exmouth
what display have you got? your walk button maybe another button you keep pressed and for activating the speed box you just give it a tap

Richard Ashurst

Just Joined
Jan 8, 2018
UK
Hi Anthony for your response.
The display I have is a Bosch screen (removable) with
i button
Power
Reset
It’s about 5cmx5cm
Thanks

Richard Ashurst

Just Joined
Jan 8, 2018
UK
Jesus iv just gone and checked and found the button I didn’t even know it was there I was like oking on the display screen NOOB!!!

Starfighter

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 3, 2019
I am undecided I have a Speedbox 2 just got it in post but wether to install it is the delema there are loads of forums and Research suggesting not to fit one as it voids warrenty and it's ilegal etc I paid a lot of pennies door my ebike and I hate to bust it for the sake few more miles an hour extra power please can anyone shed a light on the subject before I decide to return it.

Deno

Pedelecer
Jan 24, 2018
Dublin
One the physical unit is removed there is no way to determine it was fitted. It will not show up on a diagnostic even if fitted. Also I have had one fitted for 13k km’s with no issues.

Starfighter

Mar 3, 2019
How ever if I crack open my motor casing they can void my warranty as they can tell apparently the screws have rubber coating I may just wait until my warranty has ran out before any modifications.

Anthonyexmouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Exmouth
you don't open the motor casing, just the plastic cowl. I would't be without mine, i dont use it all the time but nice when you want to get up to 20mph and keep up with city traffic instead of being overtaken all the time, much safer being able to go with the flow.

Reactions: Starfighter

Starfighter

Mar 3, 2019
I have Success in fitting my speedbox just not sure how to use it I pressed the walk button 6.1 mph came up then pressed again and 1mph came up which setting is deristricted mode

Advertisers