Split pedal assist magnet disc

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
Hi I have just bought a connect coyotte electric folding bike and the magnet disc has broke of the pedal assist can I get a split one so I don’t have to take the pedals off if so does anyone know where I can get one from and have a link to it thanks for any help given

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It takes less than a minute to get the crank off - probably quicker than messing about with one of those split magnet discs.

Reactions: jokskot

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
It takes less than a minute to get the crank off - probably quicker than messing about with one of those split magnet discs.
hi i have one of them its a six magnet disc was just thinking if it would be easier to get a split disc to put on as it allready has the sensor connected or would i have to get the complete new set

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
hi i have one of them its a six magnet disc was just thinking if it would be easier to get a split disc to put on as it allready has the sensor connected or would i have to get the complete new set
It depends on what you have. There are all sorts of differences. some are compatible and some aren't.

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
It depends on what you have. There are all sorts of differences. some are compatible and some aren't.
it didnt have one on so cant tell which one i need i need

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Any 10, 8 or 5 magnet one should be fine. Look for the cheapest one. They all work the same and I challenge anybody to notice the difference in performance. Avoid any 12 magnet ones and any that mention dual hall sensors or any expensive ones.

Make sure you get one with enough wire length. If the wire is too long or you get the wrong connector, you can cut the connectors off and solder the wires together, which is a more reliable way of installing one.

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
Any 10, 8 or 5 magnet one should be fine. Look for the cheapest one. They all work the same and I challenge anybody to notice the difference in performance. Avoid any 12 magnet ones and any that mention dual hall sensors or any expensive ones.

Make sure you get one with enough wire length. If the wire is too long or you get the wrong connector, you can cut the connectors off and solder the wires together, which is a more reliable way of installing one.
Thank You so much for your help.