Sprint "sensor fault" 8 red flashes

Jeanette Morgan

Pedelecer
Nov 29, 2006
CORNWALL
I rode 10 miles today and had only two "blips" where I was happily cycling up a gradient in assist, low gears, and suddenly there was a kind of revving and the power cut out. Light still on the handlebar. Turned the key off and on and it worked, but I counted the red light diagnostics - 8 - which says in the book "sensor fault - contact Ezee dealer".

Other than this annoyance the battery and motor seem to be working really well. Is this a serious faul, or possibly something that may correct itself with use?

When I first got the bike out of the shed and put the full battery in, it would not move, but I gently lifted and kicked the front wheel and off I cycled !

Thanks for your advice/replies I'm hoping I don't have to send the bike away having just got back to riding it, but, of course, I shall do if essential.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
8 flashes is a Hall sensor fault indicated Jeanette, but it can equally indicate a poor connection in the Hall sensor wires between the motor and the controller. That's in fact more likely when it's intermittent. The fact that you had to apply a "technical blow" to get it going at first tends to support this

If this problem persists we may have to help you identify the in-line connector that probably sits under the bottom bracket/battery area so you can improve the connection.

Jeanette Morgan

Pedelecer
Nov 29, 2006
CORNWALL
Thanks very much for that Flecc, I'll keep my eye on it and let you know, I did wonder about the intermittency of it and how a "technical blow" solved the problem, albeit temporarily.

Incidentally I checked the tyres the other day and have inflated them to 60 psi, don't know where I got the 45 from but certainly 60 psi rides easier.

I'm so glad I found this forum back in 2006 and that I kept the link live but dormant for a while. The help and advice, as well as items of interest to a lay-person such as me re electric bikes and how they work is most welcome and encouraging. Roll on the really fine weather !