Sprung Saddle

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Has anyone tried one of these? I ordered one out of curiosity. I found out about it from an online advert that included a video that showed it working.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
I might be wrong, but it looks as if the 'suspension' comes from the flexing of the plastic saddle. I hope somebody is there to see the look on your face when the saddle eventually breaks and pinches your nutsack or gooch in the resulting crack!

• :D
Reactions: KirstinS

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Good luck vfr. Looks like a cheap bit of plastic to me.
What does this bit mean?
  • Note:The size of this product is in line with the preferences of most riders, please be cautious to buy customers who prefer large cushions.
?

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
What does this bit mean?
  • Note:The size of this product is in line with the preferences of most riders, please be cautious to buy customers who prefer large cushions.
?
I thought the same... All those tiny joints /fault points seem cheap to me and fundamentally flawed anyways!

But I am no engineer so just a gut feeling tbh.

Very keen to see what you make of it VFR!

L6mbt

Pedelecer
Feb 1, 2019
This looks virtually identical to one I bought recently for my old Brompton folder (non-electric). I bought it because it promised to be compact and light in weight (assets for a folding bike). Although it looks somewhat primitive, it is surprisingly comfortable, at least over fairly short distances.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
What does this bit mean?
?
It means that you get a cheap thrill if you have a fat posterior.

It is just bendy plastic. The video was from a camera positioned behind while the guy was riding. The seat was definitely doing something, but I'm not sure whether that's good or not. I'll let you know when/if it comes.