Sprung seatpost.

burncycle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2008
Sheffield
Got a bit more money now and im thinking of upgrading the Pro-Connect in the best place I know. Changing to a sprung seatpost.

Questions.
What sort of seatpost can i get to fit on the Pro-Connect saddle?

If so any recommendations for a decent, though not too cheap seatpost.
it must add to the bikes looks and not look out of place.
Finally the seatpost doesnt have to be fantastic, just provide a better ride than the present one.

Hope someone can give me some wisdom and advise !
Anyone else upgraded to a sprung seatpost yet?
If so, what were the outcomes?

Regards Bob

halflife

Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2008
I had a sprung seat post on my specialized Sirrus. It was their own make. The model of Sirrus I had actually came with a carbon seat post but I asked them to change it to the sprung item from the lower spec bike.

Worked great and did not have one of those hideous gators on it (just one post running inside another, see photo)

Thought about one on my Heinzmann Paratrooper folding mountain bike but the controller is under the seat and not sure how all the wires etc would take the extra movement.

Anyway take a look at the specialize one, no problems with it, light and looked good

Rod Tibbs

Pedelecer
Jun 10, 2008
I am using a sprung seat post on my Mistral. Got it from Halfords and it works fine. It does have a gaiter but I cannot see anything wrong with that! They have a reasonable selection, just make certain you get the right diameter downtube.

Rod

coops

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2007
Manchester U.K.
I 'upgraded' from sprung to rigid seatpost on my Torq1, one of the best changes I made to the standard bike! :)

The pedalling efficiency is much better now - being unfamiliar with sprung posts I was unaware why pedalling felt uncomfortably odd & irregular till I changed it, then it felt 'normal' again! :)

On a panasonic bike which requires rider input I'd have thought ease of pedalling is even more critical, so personally I wouldn't use a sprung post, unless for a very good reason its necessary.

Stuart.

Last edited: