Stealth ebike for 99p

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
An ebike shop opened in Linlithgow last year and more people in the area seem to know about electric bikes now. When I'm out on the Tourer people recognise it's an ebike.
The Typhoon still catches them out, so, I bought a 2 litre bottle of IRN BRU and put the label from it round the battery. Now, I was down at my favoured cafe for brunch a few days ago and as I was leaving I met a young lady who works there. We were standing right next to the Typhoon talking about cycling when she said "That's a nice IRN BRU bottle, where did you buy it? " she never once thought it might be a battery. So, for 99p you can make your bike a stealth ebike.

Our soft southern shandy drinking members might have to buy a cola bottle since IRN BRU isn't widely available down there.

Reactions: trex

alex_h

Pedelecer
Dec 28, 2009
An ebike shop opened in Linlithgow last year and more people in the area seem to know about electric bikes now. When I'm out on the Tourer people recognise it's an ebike.
The Typhoon still catches them out, so, I bought a 2 litre bottle of IRN BRU and put the label from it round the battery. Now, I was down at my favoured cafe for brunch a few days ago and as I was leaving I met a young lady who works there. We were standing right next to the Typhoon talking about cycling when she said "That's a nice IRN BRU bottle, where did you buy it? " she never once thought it might be a battery. So, for 99p you can make your bike a stealth ebike.

Our soft southern shandy drinking members might have to buy a cola bottle since IRN BRU isn't widely available down there.
ha ha put a larger picture down, gotta see it

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
ha ha put a larger picture down, gotta see it
I won't be home for a week but I'll stick one on. My spare battery has a different label. It's from a 2 litre bottle of DIet IRN BRU.

As the great William Wallace once said. "They may take away our lives but they'll never take away our IRN BRU"

C

Cyclezee

Wrong:p

Barr's have a huge warehouse full of the stuff in Milton Keynes to supply all the expat community;)

Bet you didn't know it was made from girders:eek:

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
E
Wrong:p

Barr's have a huge warehouse full of the stuff in Milton Keynes to supply all the expat community;)

Bet you didn't know it was made from girders:eek:
Everyone knows it's made from girders. ;)

C

Cyclezee

Both Tizer and Irn Bru are made by Barr's.

I'm not a connoisseur of any flavoured sugary water, least of all the diet varieties which taste disgusting. However, when I was kid my favorite tipple used to be Vimto, then a couple of years later in my teens it was Carlsberg Special until, after downing 6 bottles in an hour I promptly vomited all over a pretty young lady's dress:oops:

Reactions: Jimod