Stealth over Speed & Mid-Drive Hub

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
I prefer stealth AND speed Andy:D...kind of liking the second bike though, not high spec but aesthetically pleasing:cool:

Reactions: Andy88

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
Yes Steve, the article old but interesting, especially the mid drive hub arrangement
Hardly stealth though with all the gearing/chain/brackets (think that's a Cyclone set-up)...here's a pic of my wifes SuperV/BBS, which is my vision of stealthy and still one of my fave builds:)
DSC_0063.JPG

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
Cute and compact Steve, I like it however as I don't off road is there a hardtail equivalent?

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
Not photo'd it with the BBS01B fitted yet, but here's my SL1 that has just been converted...excuse the pic whoring:D

DSC_0086.JPG

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
Wouldn't be cheap to buy new (if only Cannondale made them that spec'd up!)...the Carbon XLR Lefty is £900 on it's own:confused:...I'll photo it later when I'm out in the garage and it weighs in at 12Kg ready to ride:cool:

D

Deleted member 4366

People were using hub-motors as mid drives because there were no crank-drive kits available a few years ago. This was the best I've seen with a Tongxin Everything hand-made in carbon fibre:

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
People were using hub-motors as mid drives because there were no crank-drive kits available a few years ago. This was the best I've seen with a Tongxin Everything hand-made in carbon fibre:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=kraeuterbutter+pedelecs&prmd=sinv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwju2sOYsPbQAhVLDMAKHfPEBt8Q_AUICCgC&biw=1280&bih=800#tbm=isch&q=carbon+fibre+tongxin+md+drive&imgrc=-3rwd30dPRBKAM:
Is it housed in the casing of the top bar? Is there a cog on the spindle with a chain connected to the sprocket?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

D

Deleted member 4366

Is it housed in the casing of the top bar? Is there a cog on the spindle with a chain connected to the sprocket?
You can read all about it in this thread. Use google translate if you can't understand german. IIRC, there were some threads about that time on how he made the frame and forks - maybe links to them. The picture in post #169 shows the chain-drive on the other side.
http://www.pedelecforum.de/forum/index.php?threads/ideen-zum-bau-eines-neuen-e-bikes.3405/

Reactions: Andy88

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
Its the same guy Nader but working in a team, quite a feat of engineering, on a suspension bike to boot.