Help! Stepthrough bike for someone of small stature?

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
My wife is 5'1" (155cm) & finds her Woosh Petite fits her perfectly. We are looking for a second e-bike to keep at our second home but unfortunately Woosh no longer sell the Petite. Does anyone have any recommendation for a step though e-bike that would suit someone smaller than average?

Lancslass

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2015
Egerton, BL7 North Bolton, Lancashire
I have a Juicy Classic which i have been pleased with for the past 5 years. The same company do a couple of step throughs for smaller people. One is a Facelia with 24in wheels and the other is a Poco. Either may be suitable for your wife.

slowcoach

Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2020
About the same size as my wife, who is able to ride my Wisper 705, so that is a possibility. If you look at my advert in classifieds section, you will see it there. I added a couple of extra photos of the saddle arrangements for the benefit of another member who was seeking something for a person with short legs. The 2 extra photos were to show how easy it would be, if necessary, to reduce the length of the saddle tube.
Incidentally, Wisper also have a model with 24" wheels, but not in stock it would seem.

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
About the same size as my wife, who is able to ride my Wisper 705, so that is a possibility. If you look at my advert in classifieds section, you will see it there. I added a couple of extra photos of the saddle arrangements for the benefit of another member who was seeking something for a person with short legs. The 2 extra photos were to show how easy it would be, if necessary, to reduce the length of the saddle tube.
Incidentally, Wisper also have a model with 24" wheels, but not in stock it would seem.
Thanks. Your Wisper 705 looks nice but I think it's the 24" wheels that make all the difference for her.

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
I have a Juicy Classic which i have been pleased with for the past 5 years. The same company do a couple of step throughs for smaller people. One is a Facelia with 24in wheels and the other is a Poco. Either may be suitable for your wife.
Thanks for the suggestions. The Poco looks nice although not in stock at present.