Stolen Cube Hybrid with BBS01 kit in Liverpool area

PhilYerBoots

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2011
Wallasey, Wirral.
Hi.

I'm posting this for my colleague and friend Jeff who's recent Cube Hybrid/BBS01 conversion was stolen yesterday morning from our office car park/bike stands in Liverpool city centre.
From security cameras we believe it was stolen around 10:40 am and the little bar-stewards must have used a bolt cutter on his chain/padlock combo as he found that lying on the floor and bike gone when he went to leave work yesterday.
His bike is a Cube hybrid model with BBS01 kit (with silver 'Cube' decals on the battery), charcoal frame with red flashes, marathon tyres, ncx seatpost and a Topeak rear rack.
If anybody spots or is offered a bike matching that description or sees one for sale online or wherever please let me know as it would be nice to get this back for him if possible as he wasn't insured (Doh.!).

Thanks.
Phil.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The fact that the battery was left in place would have made the decision to nick the bike more appealing, also suspect that this wasn't opportunism as probably been sussing out the bike and location having seen it parked at the same spot previously.

PhilYerBoots

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2011
Wallasey, Wirral.
I suspect you're right on both points there. Since it happened I've been removing the battery from my Oxygen MTB locked in the same area (but with a Kryptonite D-Lock).

Jeff is offering a reward of £100 to anyone who can provide information leading to the recovery of the bike.

Thanks.
Phil.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Used local ads and Fleabay are one's to look out for and also likes of Gumtree, the bike is a one off so pretty unique so not easy to disguise unless they do a paint job or sell it as parts, hope he has good luck and recovers it but have my doubts.

PhilYerBoots

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2011
Wallasey, Wirral.
Absolutely, we've been keeping an eye on all of those.
I suspect they might remove the kit and sell the bike separately as it's unique.
Thanks, fingers crossed but likewise not expecting to see it again.
We saw the CCTV footage yesterday tracking the scumbag walk in bold as brass with coat hood up and head down into the car park and straight to the far end where Jeff's bike was locked up on the bike stands. A parked car was blocking any view of him breaking the lock off (tools concealed under coat probably) then seconds later he'd put on Jeff's helmet (left on the bike) and rode off through the car park, round the barrier and gone.
It's scary how quick it was all done and pretty much confirms he'd targeted that specific bike.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
:(:(.

Reactions: VictoryV