Stolen SMART ebike type EB001 from Oxford July 2017

K M Harb

Just Joined
Jul 24, 2017
oxford
Hello Please can i have your help in locating and retreving my stolen SMART bike.

I have attached pictures. It was locked up in my garden but sadly not to anything. Stolen from Abingdon Road, Oxford OX1 4SP in early hours of 23rd July.

As you all know a SMART ebike is heavy. It would need two people to carry. It is white with green sadle and trim bits. It is in great condition see pictures. I have the keys and the Bionx computer and the battery charger the handbooks! Someone would need to visit a ebike shop to get a new computer for it so please look out for it. The frame/serial number is SM407905109

It is a later edition modle so has different breaks and the electric assistance can be changed on handle bar. It is a bike that catches attention - i get people at traffic lights asking me where i got it from. so please keep an eye out for this distinctive bike. thank you. £200 reward offered for its safe return.

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Sorry to here KMH, the Bionx isn't a system where you can just get any bits to make it work.
Out of production now so parts are scarce and mainly available only from Merc dealers or ebay via Germany.
Obvious places where it may be sold on are Gumtree and ebay, if it needs the computer to make it work then chances are the bike will be dumped. Report it to the plod in case it is found and visit local merc dealers who may have sold them in case they have any enquiries for parts.

D

Deleted member 4366

Spam Facebook with your reward. We got our £4000 bike back within half an hour of advertising it on FB with an offer of a £200 reward.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you do get it back without the low life trashing it then it is wise to keep it locked up to something under cover, sensibly you removed the control panel. All though a faff it is worth keeping the battery separately as well.
Fingers crossed for you.

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
Print out some posters offering the £200 reward for safe return of "LOST bike in this area" .."no questions asked."
Post around the area.
Best of luck...Mike

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Rotten sods :mad:

Hope you get it back.

Gaz