Storck Raddar

overlander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2009
Does anyone know if you can de-restrict all the bikes or is it limited to the cosworth version?

Hi Overlander,

We can supply a de-restricted motor. This can only be done from manufacture and not a modification for aftermarket. We can only supply this motor for customers who will purchase it for use outside of the UK and in countries not covered by EU legislation.

Please note the Cosworth Multiroad EFV bike is resticted to UK and EU legislation, as are all Storck Raddar pedelec bikes.

We did supply a special unrestricted Cosworth bike to Williams F1 driver Rubens Barrichello which he uses at various GP circuits around the world.

Cheers,
Ian

overlander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2009
Hi Ian,
Does that mean you will not send it to a uk address or does that mean the customer states they will use it outwith the EU?

Good Morning Overlander,

We can supply to a UK customer (via our Dealer network) with a disclaimer stating the customer will use it outside of the EU or on private property. eg Gp circuits.

Cheers,
Ian

overlander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2009
Hi Ian,
It would look like your own shop is the nearest dealer to me. Would ordering an unrestricted bike take longer than just the standard bike? What is the actual difference between the uk and export bikes in terms of assist?

Regards

Scott

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Overlander, Have a look at the latest S class Bosch bikes.....Kalkhoff have 2 models, one a cheaper then one of these and a 36 volt system. latest 10 speed (I think) instead of 9? XT gear set

Kalkhoff : 2012

German version has recommended retail price in Euro...It is a bike I am considering:p

Last edited:

overlander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2009
Hi eddieo,
That looks like a nice bike, but what attracted me to the storck is the semi mountain bike look as i have very poor roads where i live. I thought i was finished with e-bikes but my knee is away again. I now have to accept if i want to use a bike for more than fun an electric bike is essential. Luckily i kept my Trek and will use this until i can get a new one.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I tried a MTB today and was very surprised how comfortable it was......

The stork is supposed to be very nice, I would try standard one first before ordering

Last edited:

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Overlander, couldn't you save a wedge of cash by buying something from the Kudos or Tonaro ranges, (just by way of example; not a recommendation) given what you say about a dodgy knee and poor roads in your part of the world?

I struggle to imagine how much the Storck bike does that a whole host of other much cheaper machines can't but I haven't ridden any of those. Perhaps I'd be surprised?

Regards,
Indalo

Overlander, couldn't you save a wedge of cash by buying something from the Kudos or Tonaro ranges, (just by way of example; not a recommendation) given what you say about a dodgy knee and poor roads in your part of the world?

I struggle to imagine how much the Storck bike does that a whole host of other much cheaper machines can't but I haven't ridden any of those. Perhaps I'd be surprised?

Regards,
Indalo
Hi Indalo,

I think you will be pleasantly surprised how much different the Storck bike is compared to cheaper machines. I won't go into a big sales pitch but suggest you take a look at the Independent reviews on our website and blogs too. Better still, take a Test Ride yourself and be realiably informed as the bike will do the communicating.

Cheers,
Ian

Hi Ian,
It would look like your own shop is the nearest dealer to me. Would ordering an unrestricted bike take longer than just the standard bike? What is the actual difference between the uk and export bikes in terms of assist?

Regards

Scott
Hi Scott,

Ordering an unrestricted bike would indeed be a special order from Storck Germany just now. Due to demand, we are planning to carry unrestricted motors soon (over the next 4 - 6 weeks). The non EU motor is open (not restricted), the same torque assistance and higher power curve delivery.

I hope this helps,
Cheers,
Ian.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Tappy, Is there anywhere to test ride one in London?

Alan B

Pedelecer
Jan 5, 2011
Yatton

Regards,
Indalo

I've done over 800 miles during the past 2 months:
* over 40 miles per charge
* usually able to average 14.5 to 15.5mph
* on the flat easy to cruise at 16/17mph
* rides like a (heavy) mountain bike
* hydraulic disk brakes
* 24 speed Alivio

All for £945, why spend thousands !!!

Kudos King

Trevor@Storck

Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Tappy, Is there anywhere to test ride one in London?
Hi Eddie,

In the London area we have The Electric Transport Shop and Bike Republic. Both of their addresses and location are available via our Stockists page.

Storck Raddar - Stockists

I know both shops have had alot of interest recently so it may be worth calling ahead to book an appointment for a test ride.

If you get chance to have a test ride over the weekend i would love to know your thoughts.

Cheers

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Thanks Trevor but to busy with prospective house move at the moment. but will get up to town and try one....

Oxygen Bicycles

Trade Member
Feb 18, 2010
www.oxygenbicycles.com

Regards,
Indalo
Hi Indalo,

Certainly it would save a lot of money by buying something cheaper but I think we all were thinking this way people would only be buying Fiat cars and not Mercedes (which many do). Storck Raddar is a totally different class bike which hits a completely different segments. When I was a teenager I was dreaming to own one of the Klein or Storck bikes but could never afford one that's why I ended up riding Giant and Scott which were great anyway.

Well, if I didn't own Oxygen and could afford 3k on a bike it would probably be a Storck Raddar, certainly these are a great machines

All the best

Andrew

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Overlander....really suggest you try all the MTB style bikes that are around now....I must say that I had opportunity to try many bikes at the NEC Cycle Show....from £700 to £3000 plus...price seems to reward quality of engineering and ego-style but to be honest they all performed much the same....after all we are all restricted to 250 watts and Shimano gear is very good....most bikes can be deristricted by disconnecting the speed sensor but that means you will be restricted to private road use only....ok you could take the risk and use it on the road but the legal downside could be very expensive.
Try before you buy you could be pleasantly surprised.
Dave
KudosCycles

overlander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2009
My big problem with the cheaper bikes is they only come in one size fits all. I am just over 6ft 4" and if i want to cycle i need a frame that fits. The reason they get away with tiny frames on electric bikes is they expect the motor to make up for poor posture due to a bad fitting frame. But i will try and use the bike without the motor 80% of the time so need it to be a good fitting frame. Currently i ride the Trek FX + with a 25" frame and my FW Evans is just under 25". But i can use a 23" as a minimum, so a 19" or less would be awful for me.

Trevor@Storck

Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
My big problem with the cheaper bikes is they only come in one size fits all. I am just over 6ft 4" and if i want to cycle i need a frame that fits. The reason they get away with tiny frames on electric bikes is they expect the motor to make up for poor posture due to a bad fitting frame. But i will try and use the bike without the motor 80% of the time so need it to be a good fitting frame. Currently i ride the Trek FX + with a 25" frame and my FW Evans is just under 25". But i can use a 23" as a minimum, so a 19" or less would be awful for me.
Hi Scott,

I totally agree with you, frame size is very important for comfort when cycling. We do 5 frame sizes to suit heights between 5'1" and 6'4"+ and also offer a bespoke fitting service(bar, stem, seat) to ensure the bike fits your needs.

You mentioned earlier that our showroom would be your closest stockist. If you would like to organise a test ride experience then drop me an email directly and we can organise a time to suit you.

Cheers