Strava Live Segments

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
Has anyone managed to get e-bike segments to appear on a garmin device for live segments?
I got hold of a garmin 520, it works fine with regular bike segments, but e-bike segments dont appear on the device.

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
imho as a previous premium member of strava, not enough difference to pay vs free. Now i'm bored of strava after years of use, i deregistered.

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
I use it mainly to keep track of my distance, to prove to myself im doing something to get/stay fit as the years roll on.
Bought a garmin 520 as I managed to smash my phone which i used to use, and the routing ability of the garmin.

Surprised how little there is extra for Premium

• Agree
Reactions: Steve A

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
I've stopped listing my rides as e-bike at the moment, I just tick the hide from leader board tab, not sure if that is also possible on a phone as well though?

Mike_P

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 27, 2019
Although Strava seemingly refuse to copy over bike segments to ebike ones their is a posting on the Strava Forum from a user who has written a javascript to do exactly that from your own Strava rides. Definitely works with MS Edge, and it is stated as also working with Google Chrome, so I have now set up publicly ebike segments on Strava local to me. Strava have a limit on how many segments you can create each day so its a case of running the javascript against each ride for a couple of days or more until all the segments have copied across.
Details can be found in the posting by Nick Beeton dated Aug 9 2019 at
Once you have done the requisite installation the copy segment buttons should appear each time you open an e-bike ride in Strava. One issue I have noticed is one ride remained set as bike and I had to manually change it back to e-bike but that seemed to an odd occurance.

Advertisers