Stupid question about releasing rear wheel

Darthy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 24, 2018
Edinburgh
Hi,

I've got a cube reaction hybrid SL 500 2018 emtb and I can't figure out how to release the rear wheel....

There isn't a quick release on it as far as I can tell, it looks like this....

rear.jpg

And I have absolutely no idea how to release it, I've tried to turn it the opposite way from the "close" label on it but it's not budging.

Any ideas please :)

Darthy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 24, 2018
Edinburgh
It seems to be fixed, it doesn't seem to release like a lever in the way that the video shows. You can just about make out the close label that has an arrow that points towards the back of the bike suggesting that it should just unscrew by pushing the handle down the way

D

Deleted member 4366

Hit it with a mallet or put a tube over it to get more leverage. Also, a large shifting spanner will do it.

Ballynoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2017
Perthshire Scotland
It just sounds like some "gorilla" in a bike shop has tightened it beyond where it should be. Once you get it loose DONT tighten it up as much again. It should be relatively easy to remove as in the video..

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
there about the same price with or without a qr/lever
Seems strange if they are roughly the same price why don't they put a qr/lever on the front one too, that would avoid having to take an allen key with you incase you have a puncture in the front tire.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it just depends what fork you have some will be qr and some will need a tool to remove.

im tubeless so dont need qr and saves a few grams also ;)

Related Articles

Advertisers