Sub £1000 bike for a 7 mile commute on canal towpath. Less sweats needed!

Paul Price

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 31, 2018
Birmingham
Hi there

I recently bought an ebike for the exact same purpose as my wife and I now share a car. The bike is called kwikfold I bought was on offer normally £1000 and something but I got for £800 and something can't recall the exact price. The only trouble is it has 16" wheels, but I'm sure this won't be a problem for its purpose.

You should have a look on the website I was given a promo code KFJ2018 from a Facebook group.

Hi

I’ve been looking to pedelecs to ease a 7 mile (each way) commute which sees me getting to the office in a nice sweat even in subzero temperatures.

My budget is sub-£1000. The commute is fairly flat along a canal towpath for the majority of the ride so needs an MTB or strong hybrid as it’s a little lumpy in places (not especially muddy however).

The Kudos Alamo looks very retro smart and I love this style. I prefer the traditional lines to an MTB but can it cope with a towpath day in day out?

Eco expedition is on offer at £689 at the moment and is good value despite its shortcomings also a bit more robust-looking.

Others I’m eyeing are the Gtech e bike, Greenedge CS2, Falcon spark (bit fugly), cyclamatic CX3, Aerobike x-ride and Woosh Karoo to name but a few...

you can see my dilemma, there’s almost too much choice!

If anyone has any experience of any of these, good or bad I’d be grateful to learn of it.

I need to jump in fairly quickly as I return to work on Wednesday and would like something sorted by the following week.

Cheers

Andy
Hi

I’ve been looking to pedelecs to ease a 7 mile (each way) commute which sees me getting to the office in a nice sweat even in subzero temperatures.

My budget is sub-£1000. The commute is fairly flat along a canal towpath for the majority of the ride so needs an MTB or strong hybrid as it’s a little lumpy in places (not especially muddy however).

The Kudos Alamo looks very retro smart and I love this style. I prefer the traditional lines to an MTB but can it cope with a towpath day in day out?

Eco expedition is on offer at £689 at the moment and is good value despite its shortcomings also a bit more robust-looking.

Others I’m eyeing are the Gtech e bike, Greenedge CS2, Falcon spark (bit fugly), cyclamatic CX3, Aerobike x-ride and Woosh Karoo to name but a few...

you can see my dilemma, there’s almost too much choice!

If anyone has any experience of any of these, good or bad I’d be grateful to learn of it.

I need to jump in fairly quickly as I return to work on Wednesday and would like something sorted by the following week.

Cheers

Andy

Attachments