Sunstar s03 kit colour code for battery wires

piotrmacheta

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2009
Hi all, I've been away for a while but now trying to get back into electric bikes again. Nice to see the same people still on here. I have bought a Sunstar S03 24v kit without a battery as I wanted to make up my own but I can't decide where to connect the positive and the negative.
On the motor end I have a 4 pin plug with 2 thick wires and 2 thin ones. I'm guessing that the thin ones are for the control unit and the thick ones are for the motor. The thick ones are white and black with the white one being slightly thicker than the black. The thin wires are red and brown. I'm thinking that the black might be negative and white is positive for the motor. Not sure about the other wires.
Is there anyone out there with a kit that can tell me which colour wires are the positive and negative From the battery plug? Thanks ever so much. Peter

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'm wondering whether this kit will function properly on just the two connections Peter. The Sunstar battery has five base connections, rather like the Panasonic unit battery.

On this link you'll see how Panasonic use theirs, so I suspect Sunstar are doing something similar.

piotrmacheta

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2009
Thanks, I was hoping I could find out how to connect battery to this plug which is on the motor/controller. I think it's just 2 positives and 2 negatives.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks, I was hoping I could find out how to connect battery to this plug which is on the motor/controller. I think it's just 2 positives and 2 negatives.

That isn't the battery connector though. The base of the Sunstar battery has it's five connections in a straight line exactly like that Panasonic one I linked to.

Your square connector must be only an interconnector. The part you seem to be missing from your kit is the in line plate with flat blade pins that plug into the base of the battery, and it's associated wires and interconnect.

D

Deleted member 4366

Don't guess. You can do serious damage if you connect it wrongly. Sometimes those battery connectors have lower voltage wires to switch on the BMS.

Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If you look at page 5 of the PDF which is fourth down in this Google link you'll see the SO3 battery's five-in-line connections that I mentioned.

In the same illustration, the adjacent number 4 is the part you are missing, which connects your 4 pin connector to the battery base number 3. The 2 thin wires in your connector are probably as d8veh says.

Last edited:

piotrmacheta

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2009
Thank you all, I think it might be best to just buy a battery and holder with the right plug on. None of this problem with my ecrazyman controller and ezee hub. But another £400 wisely invested I suppose. Will post anything useful I learn.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thank you all, I think it might be best to just buy a battery and holder with the right plug on. None of this problem with my ecrazyman controller and ezee hub. But another £400 wisely invested I suppose. Will post anything useful I learn.
The lower part of item number 4 fits over the base of the battery and the upper part on the cable shown vertically is probably where your connector plugs into.

That number 4 assembly may be included in the battery price since it's essential.

Thanks for offering to post further. I would like to know the outcome.