For Sale Sunstar so3 spares or repair

Teej

Just Joined
Mar 29, 2020
I have a sunstar so3 kit that has stripped its primary reduction gear and the downtube battery holder is broken but will still work with a strap to old it in place

Everything else works fine. I don't want to bin it so hoping it may be of use to someone here. for spares or for a home brew project
Motor, controller, secondary reduction, torque sensing BB, Battery , charger all fine

Offers?

oxonchris

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 16, 2020
Hi, I have a 24v sunstar ibike which is still OK but the battery (down tube bottle type) is past its best. I don't suppose yours is 24v?
Also interested in the failure, did it fail without any warning or was it starting to make some sort of noise?
Many thanks,
Chris

Teej

Just Joined
Mar 29, 2020
Hi

Its a 36 v battery - I do not know if it would work with your system

It failed fairly quickly a graunching noise then withing a few minutes stripped the gear

oxonchris

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 16, 2020
No, mine is 24 v only, shame. Thanks for coming back though.
My motor makes a squeaking noise after 5 miles or so sometimes, I'm wondering if this is the motor on the way out? I took it to the dealer who sold/fitted the kit who tells me they cant find anything wrong with it and also cant reproduce it. So its a question of, how much do I spend on this kit or do it 'skip' it :-(
Thanks again.