Suntour Torque Sensor

Flannel55

Just Joined
May 18, 2016
London
Hi.

The torque sensor on my Carrera crossfire electric bike has been damaged, but Halfords only supply it as part of the whole crank assembly for £80. That's a lot of money for what appears to be a £5 part held onto the crank with 2 screws.

I'm trying to source the small sensor myself, so I can just solder to the existing loom of 4 wires, but not having much success.

I believe all the electric components are manufactured by Suntour and then fitted to the generic Halfords bike, but I can't find anywhere that sells Suntour parts.

Can anyone push me in the right direction?

Thanks.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
the sensor has two parts, the measuring part is built into the bottom bracket and the wiring part is the part you see held by the two screws outside the BB. If you have only damaged the wiring part, then somebody with electronic repair skills may be able to fix it for you.
If not, I don't think there are alternatives to paying Halfords.

Last edited:

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
How old is your bike/ did you buy it from new? - suntour offer 2 year warranty on your system.

It is an optical sensor system and can only be repaired by using their parts.

If you are outside the warranty period or purchased it second hand they might be able to supply just the electronic sensor unit and it may be worth emailing them direct.

contact details:

SR SUNTOUR EUROPE
SR SUNTOUR EUROPE GMBH
Riedstrasse 31
Warngau
Germany
Tel .:+49 8021 507 93-0
Fax:+49 8021 50793-29
email:service@srsuntour-cycling.com

Last edited:
Reactions: Flannel55 and trex

Flannel55

Just Joined
May 18, 2016
London
Cheers Shemozzle. It is just the optical sensor part I need, I've sent them a mail to ask.

Its annoying as I can fix it myself, if I could just get the part! Paying £80 for a whole crank assembly just to get a small sensor is a bit disappointing really....

Advertisers