Suspension Forks for my Ezee conversion

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
I Converted my hybrid last November and have just returned from hols in Cornwall where the wife's Big Bear and my Ezee performed faultlessly. However, a lot of the roads were in even worst nick than those around here (West Wales) and my wrists and neck started to suffer. Most the time you can flex your elbows or stand up when you see a bad bit coming, but there's always the bugger you miss, and the added mass of the front drive gives quite a shunt up through the bars when your attention is elsewhere. Also my front wheel is now running slightly out of true.
So I'm thinking that front suspension might be an idea. I shall want forks that 'feel nice', that is smooth and no play between the parts. e.g. to me the forks on the BB feel gritty and there is definite play on the slider when you depress it with the brake on. (In my old Royal Enfield days it would have been an MOT failure).
Also a mounting for a disc would be good as the rim is getting a lot of wear on the hills around here.

So any help would be appreciated. Rather design to function than price, however if it looks like it's getting too expensive may consider looking for a suitable donor bike.
Photo's to follow but here's some vital statistics to help:
Ezee Mk2 in 700c wheel
Handlebar stem 7/8" - 22mm diameter
Head stem outside diameter 35.4mm
Head stem length (the painted bit) 120mm
Disc supplied with kit 180mm diameter

I've never had to strip the forks off a bike but sure I can get to it with some help.

Thanks in advance.
Ben

Attachments