Suspension posts

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
What's wrong with the Cane Creek Thudbuster or Suntour SP12? They seem to be the most frequently cited premium suspension seatposts, and both available in the UK.

If the Kinekt is really as good as you imply, surely it too would be available worldwide (as the two brands above are)?

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Hi All,

I contacted KINEKT today and they don't have a uk distributor, add on import tax from rip off Britain makes the suspension post below bloody expensive.

https://cirruscycles.com/products/kinekt-active-suspension-seatpost

Is there any suspension seat post that can compete with the quality of the KINEKT, preferably that can be ordered from the uk.

many thanks :)
Thudbuster is the name I have heard most often.

Cheap alternatives will probably disappoint, and one expensive quality item will move with you from bike to bike and last a lifetime.

Sometimes you just have to spend the money!

I893469365902345609348566

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2021
Does anyone know how often the elastomers on Thudbusters need replacing? Are replacements easy to source? Are replacements likely to be available for years? I'm thinking of buying one.

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Does anyone know how often the elastomers on Thudbusters need replacing? Are replacements easy to source? Are replacements likely to be available for years? I'm thinking of buying one.
It is a cane creek product, so I would expect but have not checked that it would be good.

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
I have 3 Suntour NCX posts (on 3 bikes;)) 50mm travel vs 35mm on the one in the first post.
Suntour, I wouldn’t ride a bike without one.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
We have a Suntour on the back of our tandem; my wife loves it. To us it seemed quite expensive (well worth it), but compared to many others mentioned here it is a bargain. I can't compare its ride or longevity with the more expensive ones though.

Jodel

Pedelecer
Oct 9, 2020
Suntour on the back of our tandem too and on one of the solos. Excellent for the money.

richtea99

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 8, 2020
I've also had a Suntour SP12 NCX post for 12 months and it's excellent for taking the 'whack' out of big bumps, and generally smoothing the ride over smaller ones.
Only one minor criticism (which will also be true of the Kinekt post), there is no rebound damping, so you get a smaller boing coming back off the first whack. You get used to it.

You can usually find them cheap-ish on eBay. For example:
which is the same seller mine came from.

Just make sure you have a 27.2mm seatpost if you're buying that particular one. Get the cover too, to protect the mechanism and also your legs/clothes from the grease you (should) put on it.

Last edited:

Mark *

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 14, 2021
What's wrong with the Cane Creek Thudbuster or Suntour SP12? They seem to be the most frequently cited premium suspension seatposts, and both available in the UK.

If the Kinekt is really as good as you imply, surely it too would be available worldwide (as the two brands above are)?
Ordered the cane creek Thud buster ST G4.