swytch new battery

Georgezx9

Just Joined
Jul 2, 2024
My wifes swytch max has poor range 12 miles on a good day, my Yose give about 35.
Toying with changing hers, but leaving the 250w motor/wheel fitted, I have disconnected the connectors to both motors and the connectors are identical 9 pins in a circular connector where the pins are different lengths,
Therefore can I not just buy the yose set without the wheel and fit, presumably pin configs are to a standard and are the same.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Yes, if they'd sell it to you, otherwise you can use any controller and battery you want. Cheapest would be to just buy a battery and splice the wires into the controller.

Cisco-man

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 27, 2023
My wifes swytch max has poor range 12 miles on a good day, my Yose give about 35.
Toying with changing hers, but leaving the 250w motor/wheel fitted, I have disconnected the connectors to both motors and the connectors are identical 9 pins in a circular connector where the pins are different lengths,
Therefore can I not just buy the yose set without the wheel and fit, presumably pin configs are to a standard and are the same.
I can confirm too. I've got three bikes under my wing that were originally swytch - one a gen 2 and two a gen 3 (max). All are now running happily with a Lishui controller (C500 display) embedded in a Yose battery and slider (15.6Ahr), a Yose battery pack with a KT 17a controller with LCD5 display, and another Lishui controller with adhoc rebuilt battery packs.
The swytch PAS works with Lishui controllers, but I changed the PAS to an 8-pole KT one for the KT controller. You’ll need new displays too.

Advertisers