TCM motor lock ring is stuck!

dstryrmnd

Just Joined
Mar 12, 2021
Hi there folks! I'm looking for some help in loosening the lock ring the mid motor that seems to be a TCM look a like mid drive! Can't get it loose, and the I need to disassemble the drive to change the clutch because it's broken. Maybe somebody knows any information about the tools required to get it off the the drive. Already tried with a 42mm socket from a motor bike but it's pretty stubborn.

Attachments

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
you need a spider tool, it's a set of two pieces of steel, 2ft long, 10kgs each.
You also need a big lump hammer.
If you can come to Southend, I can try to remove it for you.

dstryrmnd

Just Joined
Mar 12, 2021
It might be a pain in the butt to go there with a bicycle because I haven't got a car. Is there any other option for me to remove it myself?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
No. You bolt the tool to the bottom bracket axle and hit the top arm with a 16 oz hammer or jump on it.
Where did you get your motor from?
Best to send the motor to the supplier for repair.

dstryrmnd

Just Joined
Mar 12, 2021
I got the bike used from a person. Ran about 2500-3000 km on it and the clutch died inside and it has the teeth broken seemingly so in has nothing to grab into the notches inside the freewheel. Where can I get the address of the bike shop so i will study the route for myself and make a decision based on the way i have to make to get to you?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
if you want to come to the shop, you need to let us know a few days before because the shop is closed until Covid is over.
Just google woosh bikes for the address and map details.

Advertisers