Tektro brakes

Zebb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2012
Hi

I need to replace the hydraulic pipe for the front brake on my kudos for a longer pipe they are the e sub type.
Does any body know how the tube fits into the lever body, is it a screw fitting or is it push fit or maybe I cant
Because its a factory fitting. I dont want damage it by forcing the fitting.

Thanks.

D

Deleted member 4366

You only really need a brake cut-off on the rear brake, so you could save a lot of hassle by getting a new (or used) brake from Ebay or one of the on-line sellers, then sell you switched one. You should get a good price for it because a lot of people want them with a switch.

martin@onbike

Official Trade Member
It's a screw fitting.Pull the outer plastic cover back to expose a threaded collar...think it's a 7mm spanner needed.
You may well need to replace the Olives if they are overly compressed...you will probably need this kit: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/tektro-hose-kit-inc-fittings-/rp-prod34879?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Shopping&utm_name=UnitedKingdom&gclid=CI75xb7T87wCFSsKwwodlpoAJw, and you will need the brake bleed kit, which is a good idea to have anyway.
Either replacing for a longer pipe or replacing for a non cut off lever, you will still need to bleed or fill the system.

D

Deleted member 4366

Either replacing for a longer pipe or replacing for a non cut off lever, you will still need to bleed or fill the system.
In case you misunderstood, I meant to replace the brake lever, pipe and caliper as one unit, to avoid bleeding. By the time you've bought a new pipe, olives, bleeding kit, etc, you could have bought the complete system for less and fitted it

Is 75cm long enough?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PROMAX-DSK907-HORNET-HYDRAULIC-DISC-BRAKE-WHITE-NEW-2013-MODEL-IN-STOCK-/251257758833?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&var=&hash=item3a80212471

Zebb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2012
Thanks for replys and help, it was the plastic cover that was the issue, now thats off I can see the threaded connection. The plastic cover didnt come of easy but thats of no matter now. Yep already have bleed kit, as mentioned, cost of bits almost come to new complete set thanks Dave.
Will decide which way to go.
Martin thanks for link and help.