Tesla announce a major battery advance

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Tesla's main advance over competitors is they catch fire more often.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Tesla's main advance over competitors is they catch fire more often.
They're better at hype too. (Maybe a pinch of salt will help this battery come to fruition.)

Reactions: Swizz

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
They're better at hype too.
They're still good at hype and being American they always will be.

But it's undeniable they have led the market with e-car advancement, just as they are the only private company to achieve a space vehicle safe for humans, servicing the space station.

• :D
Reactions: Swizz and POLLY

Swizz

Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2017
Sk14
Love them or loath them, Tesla have truly shaken things up and make a mockery of the naysayers. Good on them I say.

richtea99

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 8, 2020
Agreed Swizz! It's odd to say it's hype when they appear to work as intended (generally). If you can afford one - ouch.

The competition appears to still be thinking about what to do, as far as I can tell. For example - self-charging hybrids - whaat?!
That's just delaying the combustion to another part of the town/country, and adding one more level of inefficiency. Just bizarre. Or have I missed something blindingly obvious?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
ECars

I test drove the Tesla but in the end decided on the Polestar. It's been an interesting first 1000 miles on battery power alone (No pedaling!). It's also been incredible, clean, powerful, quiet and no charging problems at all. Free charging at the weekends from British Gas was an unexpected bonus!

One day all cars will be like this!

All the best, David

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
ECars

I test drove the Tesla but in the end decided on the Polestar. It's been an interesting first 1000 miles on battery power alone (No pedaling!). It's also been incredible, clean, powerful, quiet and no charging problems at all. Free charging at the weekends from British Gas was an unexpected bonus!

One day all cars will be like this!

All the best, David
Absolutely David, I've enjoyed my last two and a half driving years like no others in the 70 years since I first drove, all due to my all electric latest Nissan Leaf. There's no way I go back to i.c engines again, gassing and deafening cyclists and pedestrians.

I imagine that Volvo-Geely Polestar you have is quite something, their latest Polestar Precept just announced looks exciting, though the price at release will probably cool the passion:

Polestar Precept.jpg

richtea99

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 8, 2020
We're off at a bit of a tangent here, but there is an affordable* Polestar 2:
All electric, no hybrid deceit. Good stuff.

* That's 'less than a 90s house affordable', to you

Reactions: Swizz

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Absolutely David, I've enjoyed my last two and a half driving years like no others in the 70 years since I first drove, all due to my all electric latest Nissan Leaf. There's no way I go back to i.c engines again, gassing and deafening cyclists and pedestrians.

I imagine that Volvo-Geely Polestar you have is quite something, their latest Polestar Precept just announced looks exciting, though the price at release will probably cool the passion:
It looks amazing Flecc, not in my league unfortunately!

Here's my Polstar, 400HP without any gear changes to get in the way is startling at first, I have to warn my wife before I accelerate to overtake!! :eek:

I agree it's such a gentle way to get about, and no fuel smell. It's really very liberating.

All the best, David