Test Q128C before building into wheel?

johneb

Pedelecer
Aug 3, 2013
My Q128C & controller kit finally arrived last month, and I had planned to test it before having the motor built into a wheel. For a long list of reasons I won't bore you with (primarily delays with a battery), I haven't been able to do so, and as I'm now desperate to get my trike motorised, I'm planning on just going ahead and getting the wheel built. When I placed my order with BMSBattery, one of the order stages was labelled 'testing' and, given their good reputation, I'm not overly worried. What do forum members thinks of this? Does anyone have experience of receiving non-working 'Cute' motors?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
one of the order stages was labelled 'testing' and, given their good reputation, I'm not overly worried. What do forum members thinks of this?
it''s just a step to avoid customer's anxiety.
I never had a DOA motor, so don't worry about that.

Reactions: johneb

johneb

Pedelecer
Aug 3, 2013
it''s just a step to avoid customer's anxiety.
I never had a DOA motor, so don't worry about that.
Thanks, Woosh. I didn't word my query very well - I meant that BMSB having tested it gave me confidence to go ahead.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I don't know if they test everything they send out. I reckon it's more an anti-anxiety device. I once ordered some battery shrink wrap tubing from them, it was put on test for 2 weeks until I hassled then a bit.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
There isn't much that can go wrong out of the box, especially the motor.

I have run into issues with my trike motorisation as well a.k.a. no money because the washing machine broke... :(

Reactions: johneb

johneb

Pedelecer
Aug 3, 2013
There isn't much that can go wrong out of the box, especially the motor.

I have run into issues with my trike motorisation as well a.k.a. no money because the washing machine broke... :(
Damned inconsiderate domestic appliances! Mind you, they can be cannibalised - Graeme Obree used drum bearings to make a narrow BB for his record-breaking home-built bike.