The Dapu motor inside (Neo Cross)

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013
I finally found some inside pictures of the Dapu M155 motor on the newer BH emotion bikes (not the older bafang cst ones)
I was sure the motor gonna look like a smaller mace/ezee motor because of the low end torque but it doesent.
I want to rebulid my old neo cross to a pas system.Anyone know a reasonable complete lcd/sinwave controller set that could match this motor?
It must have a 20-25 a controller,that is no bigger than the s09p controller.The s09p (sensorless) didnt work with this motor.The torque was fine,but the top speed was only about half of max speed with the orginal controller.

https://electricbikereview.com/forum/threads/bh-dapu-m155-freehub-parts-and-maintenance.2293/

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

You get them from Elifebike's second website, but I can't remember what it's called. They have all their new stuff there. If you can't find a link, email them.

The latest BH Emotion hub-motor has the wire coming out the side of the motor next to the axle. I don't know who makes it or why they changed.

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013
D

Deleted member 4366

Yes, but if the motor has the 9 pin connector, you'll need an adaptor lead that goes from 9 pin to traditional 3 bullet and 6-pin block. I guess you already have a cable that runs from your motor to controller, which can be adjusted, otherwise you can get the lead with the 9 pin connector on from BMSbattery and solder the other end directly to the controller. That will work out quite expensive because of the postage. Panda were selling off the adapter leads very cheaply not long ago. Call them to see if they have any left. All you need is the 9 pin female.

Don't forget to order the LCD.