The first Kalkhoff Electric Bike under £1000

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Hello, Kalkhoff have a reputation for only offering bikes at the upper end of the price scale but there is one model which is built to their usual exacting standards but with a less expensive propulsion system that keeps the price down below £1000.

It's the Kalkhoff Groove F7 which uses the second generation of the Groove motor and battery. It's much smoother, very quiet for a hub motor and comes kitted out with equipment that puts a lot of cheap imports selling for more in the shade. Decent lights, handgrips, mudguards, wheels and the tried-and-tested Shimano 7-speed Nexus hub.

Here's what it looks like

And here's what an early owner in Bristol says about it

Wunderbar!
by Anja from Bristol UK on 19 Oct 2014
I absolutely loved this bike from my first trial ride - it had just arrived in the store! Its systems feel totally intuitive to me (it it just because I'm German too?), it is extremely well balanced and the gears are wonderful. I love its particular trick of giving immediate strong assistance when starting up from standing on a slight hill...and the push assist, on steeper hills.

I look forward to every single journey with it, come rain or shine, and even in darkness as the built-in lighting system is brilliant and actually lights up the road for you! I am so happy with this and am confident it will do me for a good many years!​

The Groove F7 is just one of a number of bikes in our new Clearance section. In there you'll also find our one remaining Agattu C11 at £1200, the Sahel Premium Harmony at £1495, Pro Connect B10 with Bosch Performance motor at £1600, a couple of Impulse Ergos with the NuVinci Harmony system and heart rate sensor tech and even a Kalkhoff Pedal Cycle with steel frame. Link below:

50cycles Electric Bikes Clearance Sale

Reactions: trex

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
that's the cat among the pigeons!

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
I don't think that's the full price. It's a clearance offer.

The Agattu C11 Alfine ex demo would definitely tempt me if it was in my size. I'd sell mine on when I get the new battery...

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
The Groove is a 2015 model so I suppose it's more of an introductory offer than a final stock clearance, but the price stands.

The Agattu C11 has been reincarnated as the Agattu Premium 11 with Impulse 2.0, Gates belt drive, 11-speed Alfine,17ah battery pack and it's going to be available in the full range of sizes. There's also an 8-speed equivalent that revives the look of the 2007-vintage Agattu that marked Kalkhoff's return to the UK - black and silver with red highlights. We've pre-sold almost all of our first delivery.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
the Groove F7 street price in Germany is 1,400 Euros.
The £995 GF7 could be ex-demo bike.
Still a blooming good offer.

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
There are some bikes in showrooms but the price is for new, boxed stock.