The joyous day has arrived.

Vandazler

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 11, 2018
Hello everyone. After a month of twoing and froing from one idea to the next I finally took the leap into the Pedalec world and ordered this gorgeous baby. She arrived today and I just couldn’t wait to get away from work to come home breath life into her with the help of a few spanner’s.
After many years in the building industry I recently took a step back from the rat race and became a school caretaker. My school is only three miles away as the crow flies but twice that in my van and I thought I could probably get there just as fast by bike if I took the direct route with a little offroading and this is the result.
I’ve not ridden a bike since I was a kid but I’m quite exited as I have read so much over the past month about the awesome abilities of this bike and I’m as keen as a child on Christmas Day to get out there on it. Unfortunately the heavens decided to open today of all days so I’ll have to bite the bullet and wait till tomorrow.
Hello once again,I’ve been reading many of your great threads which led me to opt to buy this Cube hybrid Allroad 500. Thank you and I look forward to gaining further pearls of wisdom from your wise experienced contributors. Roll on tomorrow!4839F0CB-C166-4831-AB77-8A7716AFB828.jpeg

Vandazler

Oct 11, 2018
Like a day old puppy I’m finding my feet and adjusting to my new limitations.
The new bike isn’t the same one in the advertisement but I ain’t complaining.
As I’m vertically challenged i ordered the 17 inch version thinking I could still have a water bottle on the down bar. Oops no.
I’d already bought the branded bottle and cage before it arrived but alas not enough room for it ,so I did this.
Right or wrong?

Attachments

E-Wheels

Pedelecer
Aug 16, 2016
As I’m vertically challenged i ordered the 17 inch version thinking I could still have a water bottle on the down bar. Oops no.
I’d already bought the branded bottle and cage before it arrived but alas not enough room for it ,so I did this.
Right or wrong?
If it works, how can it be wrong?

John doncaster dn6

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2018
Right or wrong?
You can actually buy cage mounts that have the correct bracket. They can attach to handlebars and seat post etc should you have any issues with that set up. They are only about a fiver.

Reactions: Vandazler

Vandazler

Oct 11, 2018
You can actually buy cage mounts that have the correct bracket. They can attach to handlebars and seat post etc should you have any issues with that set up. They are only about a fiver.
Thanks for your input John, The mod job I have done seems to have worked pretty well. I Got out there for the first time today and put the bike through some pretty extreme testing on the route I was hoping to use on my way to work. The mile or so of off-road track proved rather more testing than I anticipated,with unavoidable deep pools of mud and some quite rough terrain. I was thanking the Lord I hadn’t opted to buy a more road oriented bike. My biggest bugbear today though were the anti motorbike devices that were installed on the route (*3). I may have to reassess my route due to these,hoiking the bike over them was no fun at all and slowed my progress terribly.
As I say,the mod job worked well though so I’ll stick with it for now. At the first sign of a problem I will definitely buy the part you mentioned and mount it on the seat post. With the small frame size it’s the only place to realistically put the cage/bottle. There just isn’t sufficient room inside the frame due to the battery removal process.

John doncaster dn6

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2018
Lifting any e bike is harder due to the sheer weight and barriers are always a pain.

There is also a saddle bracket holder which mounts to the saddle rails if that's better. At least there are options.

Reactions: Vandazler

Vandazler

Oct 11, 2018
As you do,I haven’t been able to resist to bolt on a few more shiny bits. Almost complete now. Just a decent mirror that doesn’t rattle off like the last two and it’s done. ;)

Attachments

Reactions: John doncaster dn6

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
id go tubeless if i was you as with a dongle you will shred those tyres in no time.

you will also have a heat problem with those 1 piece rotors so will eat brake pads so use sinterd ones.

id also remove the kick stand as you dont want that flapping around going 30mph down a canal path.

Vandazler

Oct 11, 2018
I see you have the Badass [emoji3] considering getting one myself. How are you finding it?
After only a couple of days riding the bike to work, i realised the 15.5 mph limiter was going to be a problem so I ordered the Badass. So far so good. On the hilly bits the 15.5 mph limit is fine but on the flat the badass comes into its own.I try not to use the turbo with the badass as it will drain the battery pronto.The whole idea of buying an E bike was to get to work in a time not to dissimilar to using the car and with the badass this is now possible. In the car it took me fifteen minutes,on the E bike it takes me around twenty two minutes, so job done.

Vandazler

Oct 11, 2018
id go tubeless if i was you as with a dongle you will shred those tyres in no time.

you will also have a heat problem with those 1 piece rotors so will eat brake pads so use sinterd ones.

id also remove the kick stand as you dont want that flapping around going 30mph down a canal path.
I shall look into the tyre

Can you explain why you recommend tubeless tyres, please.
The sinterd pads look a must so will look into that.
As for the kickstand,well i'm not doing to many canal paths where space is an issue so will stick with it(as it's useful) for now.
Thanks for your input:)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
waight of the bike and speed tho imo you will soon get pissed of with flats with tubes.

or slime tubes is the next best option ;)

Vandazler

Oct 11, 2018
waight of the bike and speed tho imo you will soon get pissed of with flats with tubes.

or slime tubes is the next best option ;)
Considering we are now entering the frosty mornings time of year and the speed I can attain on the flat roads what tyre would you recommend, please.