The latest electric bike from Kudos Cycles - Mistral

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Kudos Mistral - Mountain Style E-Bike £1195.00

https://www.kudoscycles.com/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=359

The latest electric bike from Kudos Cycles. The specification includes the Hi-Torque BPM motor which has proven so popular on many of our mountain style E-Bikes. The frame shape and seat post length allows the bike to be comfortably ridden by most riders, the drop flared crossbar affording easy access.

The 27.5" wheel size is an excellent compromise between 26 & 29 and different tyre types are readily available. We have used the robust mounted and semi-concealed Samsung battery (10.4Ah), LCD panel with 6 levels of assistance, Shimano 24 speed gears, NECO crank and Shimano disc brakes front and rear, VELO saddle.

The graphics are intended to be modern but understated, gloss black makes the frame easy clean.

Fair priced at £1195.00 available direct from Kudos Cycles or any of our dealers.

£1,195.00 inc. VAT and free UK mainland delivery (Highlands & Islands excluded)

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
This Vs Woosh Rio Vs Carrera Crossfire E Vs Cyclotricity Stealth 500w? I'll be choosing one of these 4 I think but not sure which

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
This Vs Woosh Rio Vs Carrera Crossfire E Vs Cyclotricity Stealth 500w? I'll be choosing one of these 4 I think but not sure which.

spend a bit more and get what you pay for that bike is £600 quids worth of parts at best you will save a fortune if you build one ur self :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-E-Bike-500W-Superfast-New-2017-Model-Fireball-Green-Black-27-5-Wheels-/112342499278?var=&hash=item1a28227fce:m:mAYe8OQ5P_cJPToUt4CZnBg
Which new mountain bike and kit would you recommend then? I dont even have a donor bike yet, and dont really fancy any heavy modding. Also dont like how home made ones have the battery strapped to the rack, looks a bit naff imo

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
Nice bike but an extra third of the price and harder to get any kind of repair work done. Not sure how a warranty even works if its shipped over.
Maybe used would be another option, found this but its quite a way away from me

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/116444042/kalkhoff-pro-connect-e-bike-for-sale.html?link=/search?keyword=ebike

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Germany is a lot closer than china and if anything goes wrong with a bosch motor or batt has to be sent back to Germany anyway.

at most you will just have the remove the motor or batt and send it back if some problem happens we are still in the eu :)

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
Germany is a lot closer than china and if anything goes wrong with a bosch motor or batt has to be sent back to Germany anyway.

at most you will just have the remove the motor or batt and send it back if some problem happens we are still in the eu :)
Fair point. Ill do some more research. Its a shame there isnt a big UK based youtuber like ebikereviews which I do watch but all the bikes are US only. Anyway totally derailed the OP's thread, sorry

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Fair point. Ill do some more research. Its a shame there isnt a big UK based youtuber like ebikereviews which I do watch but all the bikes are US only. Anyway totally derailed the OP's thread, sorry
you should see the parts list in the us for haibike they cant even get a spare sprocket from a dealer let alone anything else and cost them a fortune to ship over there for the parts they want from a german dealer plus import duty fkn expensive even if i send a part for cost to a m8.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
This Vs Woosh Rio Vs Carrera Crossfire E Vs Cyclotricity Stealth 500w? I'll be choosing one of these 4 I think but not sure which
Lot depends on what plan to use bike for. For commuting and light trail work these hub bikes are fine. If MTBing is your thing and there steep hills, then Cube is better option. For light to moderate MTBing lower spec Cube would be OK but in long run higher specced versions will be cheaper and more enjoyable.

Spend £2200 you will get high spec version with SLX, XT components and air fork. The suspension be most critical part on MTB.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Your Oxygen has hydraulic brakes and 13AH battery versus mechanical disc brakes ans 10.4AH battery.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
...and cassette (free-hub) gears
This may not be an advantage though.
If the ratchet mechanism fails, it's easy to replace a freewheel. On a motor with cassette, you will need to return motor wheel.
You also don't need as many gears on a geared hub bike. Even if you do, DNP sell inexpensive 9-speed and 10-speed freewheels.

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
Your Oxygen has hydraulic brakes and 13AH battery versus mechanical disc brakes ans 10.4AH battery.
So does your upcoming Rio for less than all these bikes. Not sure how true this 'get what you pay for' thing is. I've been told it before on other items and went with the cheap one anyway and worked out fine for my needs.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
So does your upcoming Rio for less than all these bikes. Not sure how true this 'get what you pay for' thing is. I've been told it before on other items and went with the cheap one anyway and worked out fine for my needs.
I sell direct, Kudos and Oxygen sell through a large network of dealers. Their dealers have to add 30% to their cost price to be able to afford local demonstration, prepping the bikes and looking after you locally. If the Rio is sold through the shops, the shop price would be £1,399, not £1,049.
Eventually, I will have to sell through the shops like other brands but as we don't add much intellectual contents to the bike, I don't feel we are yet ready to sell through the shops.

Jeez talk about a thread annihilation.....if you're going g to slate something then at least do it in a constructive manner.
SW, not me.