The often controversial fat bike option.

I've been helping a guy out recently with few bits and bobs, as he puts his new build together. A fat e-bike.
The workmanship is ridiculously good. Hat doffed! A pro job done in a garden shed. [emoji3] When you've got it, you've got it!

Sent from here to there with computer wizardry.

Reactions: LeighPing

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Each to there own but personally I think it looks like it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down

Reactions: brightonebikes
Each to there own but personally I think it looks like it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down
Hehe. Quite something on the color front isn't it!
As you say, each to their own.
Perhaps it's in the hope no one will want to nick it?

Sent from here to there with computer wizardry.

D

Deleted member 4366

I see now. The bottom bracket is a long way inboard, which doesn'' show in the other photos. I did a BBSHD conversion recently on a CF frame that was very bulbous around the BB, but after a bit of jiggery pokery, it just fitted with less than a micron clearance.

Do you know what this guy did to resist the torque? is it just resting on that thickened CF pad?

Just a guess here but is it's the only way to get the motor in ?
the self same bike is on fat-creations website pre E conversion and there's a lot of carbon around the BB
http://fatcreations.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/12976933_804703836302116_6094826705973886716_o-Copy-1.jpg
Yes, that's the dude :) Unmistakable bike, eh!
He's a tip top frame sprayer; he did Steve Peat's recent 'Spitfire' number, plenty of bars for members of the Olympics team amongst other luxurious looking finishes.
This is the story behind the first build I helped him with.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BJm-bqBB2mz/?taken-by=fatcreations

Last edited:
I see now. The bottom bracket is a long way inboard, which doesn'' show in the other photos. I did a BBSHD conversion recently on a CF frame that was very bulbous around the BB, but after a bit of jiggery pokery, it just fitted with less than a micron clearance.

Do you know what this guy did to resist the torque? is it just resting on that thickened CF pad?
Spot on d8veh. By the looks of it, no amount of jiggery pokery was going to make that slide in without pretty major adaptions. As I say, I haven't heard the full story yet. Hoping to get over for a catch and ride next week sometime.

Related Articles

Advertisers