soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Ballynoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2017
Perthshire Scotland
Not 100% convinced.

Some of the shots clearly show the bushes and trees "growing" at strange angles...which simply means the camera has a slight tilt to exaggerate the climb. ;)

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
The one thing that I loathe about EMBN, is how they always manage to incorrectly title their clips. In this case "The World's Steepest Climb"

If their "How to Clean an Ebike" clip was anything to go by, using a clean bike to begin with, their next clip about "winterising an Ebike" should prove highly amusing and pointless as well, given that I have yet to see them ride anything that has more than a speck of dust on it.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i wonder where they got the idea from pmsl.

that was 5 years ago lol.

tho what do you expect as the channels are for sponsor promotion and jobs for never has bean bike riders.

and they dont even own up to date bikes but got plenty to ride for reviews.

tho this site has shite out big time not having a youtube channel and presenters like EBR reviewing bikes as it only needs one person.

Ballynoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2017
Perthshire Scotland
The one thing that I loathe about EMBN, is how they always manage to incorrectly title their clips. In this case "The World's Steepest Climb"

If their "How to Clean an Ebike" clip was anything to go by, using a clean bike to begin with, their next clip about "winterising an Ebike" should prove highly amusing and pointless as well, given that I have yet to see them ride anything that has more than a speck of dust on it.

And the most annoying thing about EMBN, is the way they bang on about tyres and tyre pressures making "ALL" the difference to your ride... Feck off, I'm pushing 60 and the legs are not what they used to be, that's why I got an eBike, and the tyre pressures wont make a hoot of a difference to me... but Turbo mode will :D

Reactions: BillyBoy88

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
And the most annoying thing about EMBN, is the way they bang on about tyres and tyre pressures making "ALL" the difference to your ride... Feck off, I'm pushing 60 and the legs are not what they used to be, that's why I got an eBike, and the tyre pressures wont make a hoot of a difference to me... but Turbo mode will :D
Seriously
Tyre pressures make a big difference
Range for starters
Efficiency
Wear
Handling
Surely if nothing else the top two matter to you :)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you could ride down it but not at any speed as would buck you off but no chance going back up as would wheel spin on the grass and uneven surface.

you need to get up there with ur trail building skills and make a flat path.

:D

• :D
Reactions: Gubbins and EddiePJ

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
About the possibly trick photography.. Making photos and videos to give a true impression of slope, speed and distance isnt easy and the thing that struck me as odd (with the original film) was that some time ago I went to take photos at a Car Rally that was in a forest with high bankings the spectators could climb up to view. The slopes were similar looking to that in the video but when on them I was unable to stand up without some trepidation, let alone dismount from a moving bike.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
About the possibly trick photography.. Making photos and videos to give a true impression of slope, speed and distance isnt easy and the thing that struck me as odd (with the original film) was that some time ago I went to take photos at a Car Rally that was in a forest with high bankings the spectators could climb up to view. The slopes were similar looking to that in the video but when on them I was unable to stand up without some trepidation, let alone dismount from a moving bike.
Got to agree
I do a lot of off road driving
Some of the slops we climb and descend with the rear of the truck lifting off the floor regularly
but watch the videos back and it never looks half a narly as it really is
So in my experience also I find the camera tames the look of a slop in any direction

Related Articles

Advertisers