This Scott looks like a good deal

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
A lot of the sub £2,000 Bosch bikes have the smaller battery/older design battery or the lower spec Active Line Plus motor.

That Scott has a 500 Powertube, a CX motor, and is 11-speed.

Excellent spec for the money, as you say.

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Guessing the image is incorrect regarding the large front sprocket motor when in the description it has an 18 tooth front ring which is correct for 2019 CX motors.

ETA, I'd be very tempted if it was as in the photo.

Reactions: RobF

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Good point, Stu.

It probably is the previous CX motor.

Still a decent deal, assuming the other listed specs are correct.

• Agree
Reactions: Artstu

Parthur

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 9, 2019
I’ve taken delivery of this bike in size M. If anyone has any simple questions about the bike I might be able to answer let me know.

Feels like a nice, well built bike. Had my first ride in ten years on Friday and it really made things feel safe and easy. Plenty of power to help me up my road which is a big hill lasting a mile. Matching my effort and lack of fitness it cruised up around 11mph on turbo with light pedalling.

I’ve already chipped a little of the paintwork on the plastic battery cover taking the battery out. It feels like that’s something that’d be unavoidable over time so take care.

Reactions: Artstu

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
I’ve taken delivery of this bike in size M. If anyone has any simple questions about the bike I might be able to answer let me know.

Feels like a nice, well built bike. Had my first ride in ten years on Friday and it really made things feel safe and easy. Plenty of power to help me up my road which is a big hill lasting a mile. Matching my effort and lack of fitness it cruised up around 11mph on turbo with light pedalling.

I’ve already chipped a little of the paintwork on the plastic battery cover taking the battery out. It feels like that’s something that’d be unavoidable over time so take care.
Does it look like the one in the photo, or does it have the small 18T front chainring?

Cowimars

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 14, 2020
Meant to add, the ktm only has 5 internal gears . How would this effect the hills I could tackle. I have a very long fairly steep hill home all the way from work

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0096.JPG

;)

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
Since we now know the image on the website is wrong, another question -
Does it have a powertube style battery, or is it the original type (with the little handle) but its simply recessed into the frame ?

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Meant to add, the ktm only has 5 internal gears . How would this effect the hills I could tackle. I have a very long fairly steep hill home all the way from work
I'm a fan of KTM's, the chain will last longer on it with it being wider, biggest issue for me would be chain adjustment, if it only has horizontal drop outs with no adjusters then it will really need a tensioner adding, however tensioners don't exist so you have to modify one for vertical drop outs.
The 5 gears wouldn't suit me here in the Peak District, but it has been designed for e-bikes so far a slightly less demanding terrain and no requirement to pedal above about 18 mph it would be okay https://bike.shimano.com/en-EU/product/component/city---trekking-e-bike-e6100-series/SG-C7000-5D.html

My money would go on the Scott, but chain wear would be higher and the mudguards and rack are a bit fragile so testers say.

SeboMithk

Just Joined
Jan 12, 2021
Riding bikes is my favorite hobby. I usually ride my mountain bike at weekend and when it is warm outside. I have a mountain bike from Scott and it is five years old. I changed a lot of things in it, I bought all the details here. My favorite thing about riding my bike is that I never ride alone. I always ride with my wife or friends for long distances. We like to bring food with us and after some hours of riding, stop in a beautiful place and eat together something delicious. I can recommend you to buy this bike because it is very good and it will give you a lot of great emotions.